Help Me Find This Zoa (Space Invader Paly/CC Pink Ladies Paly)

ilyad

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all,

I have a picture of this zoa from my first tank that I had back in 2011. A friend of mine bought me my first "high end" zoa for my birthday that year. Unfortunately, a short time after, I had to move cross country, broke down my tank, and sold off all the coral. Since then I have been trying to find one like it, but have had no success. Its possible that someone in the OC area has descendants of the actual frag I sold, but I cannot recall who I sold or gave it to.

b467dcd04e4a03112a62aaeb2955cc4a.png

Though I have been able to remember that the shop was called Coral Collection Tropical Fish and Exotics, However, when I went there, it was closer to Santa Ana/Costa Mesa (CA) area. Last info I have been able to locate about them is that they may have moved to Lake Forrest, but it appears they are closed. I have no clue if they are completely out of business or just the store front.

I was also able to locate a website with the zoa listed, here: https://coralcollection.bigcartel.com/product/space-invader-paly

Searching for space invader zoa or paly only returns a ton of Pectinia and none of the paly that I had before or looking for now.

While we're at it, I had also bought a small frag of these beauties from the same shop and havent been able to find it again, the Pink Ladies Paly: https://coralcollection.bigcartel.com/product/pink-ladies-paly

Any help locating either would be appreciated, but definitely preferred if its in the Los Angeles or nearby areas.

Thanks!

OP
OP
ilyad

ilyad

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pink plasma, red wines, pink nebula???

They’re not quite the same. The zoa I’m looking for is more pink/light purple and it’s pretty pastel.

Pink plasma are super close though, but they have other colors too (mainly on the skirt) compared to the one im looking for.

Capitol Reef Corals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They’re not quite the same. The zoa I’m looking for is more pink/light purple and it’s pretty pastel.

Pink plasma are super close though, but they have other colors too (mainly on the skirt) compared to the one im looking for.

Unfortunately, I don't think you will every find the exact morph of zoa you are looking for :/ but you can come close! Haha

Dystinction

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is not the best pic, as I'm working on learning, but I think I had one that is close....
It doesn't have the specks in the body/mouth area as your reference Space Invader photo shows, and the one I had is pink and not purple.
It was, however, very pastel in coloration....that's why I grabbed it.
IMG_0645 (2).JPG

I didn't get a specific name when I grabbed it, however, I can ask, and also check if there are more available. Unfortunately this was also my first coral loss, as it just did not take to my system.

If not, good luck with your search. With so many different varieties of zoa and paly, it's tricky to hunt down just one....

Dystinction

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also saw this over the weekend, auctioned off on Facebook.
It is from Chaos Aquaculture, and called a Space Queen zoa.

38894719_10217377488175936_4060056722625003520_o.jpg

....now I'll leave your thread alone....:cool:

Darth.Daddy12

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Just go to world wide corals web site and browse..

As for exact same.. that’s kinda of the deal with zoas in the first place.. there really isn’t any two the same unless they came from same tank and colony at same time..

That’s why some can be $10 and other can be $1000..

The reality is.. you’re not going to ever find that exact same one.. many close to it but not that one. Even if you find the same person either the same colony and buy again at this point it will likely be different still. They change colors over time always changing.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 53 84.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 4 6.3%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 4.8%
Back