help me pic a new tank red sea or water box.

King Turkey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I am thinking about getting a new tank. I have a 40g all in one 36x18x16. size 40g but with the size in inches still not sure.
anyways.. I was looking at the red sea 170 system states it is 43g total water volume or the water box 60.1 system but states the system is 55.5g system.
anyone know the diff between the two of them? they seem like the same tank. reason I am getting it is I want a sump instead of a all in one system. I wanna run equipment in a sump not is display. is there other options for this tank size or this the best of the best? places to have it shipped/ buy online. how was your shipping experience with a tank being delivered to home?
sorry lots of questions.

HD_Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I looked at both before going with Planet Aquarium. I liked the Waterbox better than Red Sea, but ultimately didn't go with them because I couldn't get past their logo etched into the glass. Seems like a small thing, but I couldn't stand the though of having to look at that all the time!

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 69 52.7%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 68 51.9%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 34 26.0%
  • None.

Votes: 29 22.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.9%
Back