help me with icp test.

Mikey-D

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cal, Mag, iodine and iron seem to be on the lower end. Are you going to dose the tank to get these values higher. What coral were they?

Have you checked for stray voltage?

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
from a duplicate thread of yours:

I do not see any reason for coral deaths based on those values, and I'd look for other reasons. Can you describe the tank in more detail?

You might benefit from a trace element supplement, but if the tank is getting fish foods and some normal water changes, it is likely getting enough trace elements to not cause deaths.

OP
OP
Notsolostfish

Notsolostfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
from a duplicate thread of yours:

I do not see any reason for coral deaths based on those values, and I'd look for other reasons. Can you describe the tank in more detail?

You might benefit from a trace element supplement, but if the tank is getting fish foods and some normal water changes, it is likely getting enough trace elements to not cause deaths.

Yes my tank is 7 months old. Its the marine x60.2 36 gallons, with a 18 gallon sump. I was a rookie, and i didnt know you shouldnt add corals immediately as i got ver mixed reply so i got some corals. Even since i start adding corals on 2 months. Everything was dying quick. Like polyp bailout, receeding etc.

I had issued at the 3rd month where my nutrients phosphate, and nitrate were at 0. So i started working on that and now they are 0.03-0.06 phosphate, and 6-8 nitrate. I use tropic marin pro salt. Not happy with the 7s dkh it mixes at but its what its. Nothing can survive in my tank. I have few corals like zoas, duncans, hammers, torch. Which are doing alright. But theres no growth. Nothing. And iv had the duncan for few months now, and the candy cane for 4 months + the hammer. I got a teal hammer 1 weeks ago. I legit watched it polyp bailout in 1 day infront of my eyes after its happy.

I use the radions xr15 g5. And i own the mq 510 par meter and everything is on 130-150 par. I just dont get it. I have cyano now its not extending but its not going away dame spots on the sands not rocks. I had dinos but after fixing the nutrients they went away. I lost a lot of corals, like a frogspawn doing great for 3 months just bailing out at me. Hammer bailout its just insane to me. I even have a duncan thats 5 months old that the polyps are defective. Its puffed up and i even tried to move it. I dont run my skimmer at all. And i barely have control over my low nutrients.

Uncle99

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tested my tank with ICP. And i just got the results. I had horrible fast corals death, and wanted to see if something is wrong. Its my first icp test. Help me understand it.

The parameters look quite good to me, but what’s your daily flux in those?
Maybe the issue is a stability, not level itself.
Never really understood the value of lower Alk water chemistry.
9-10dkh gives some room on each end and should stay within .5 dkh at any time.

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes my tank is 7 months old. Its the marine x60.2 36 gallons, with a 18 gallon sump. I was a rookie, and i didnt know you shouldnt add corals immediately as i got ver mixed reply so i got some corals. Even since i start adding corals on 2 months. Everything was dying quick. Like polyp bailout, receeding etc.

I had issued at the 3rd month where my nutrients phosphate, and nitrate were at 0. So i started working on that and now they are 0.03-0.06 phosphate, and 6-8 nitrate. I use tropic marin pro salt. Not happy with the 7s dkh it mixes at but its what its. Nothing can survive in my tank. I have few corals like zoas, duncans, hammers, torch. Which are doing alright. But theres no growth. Nothing. And iv had the duncan for few months now, and the candy cane for 4 months + the hammer. I got a teal hammer 1 weeks ago. I legit watched it polyp bailout in 1 day infront of my eyes after its happy.

I use the radions xr15 g5. And i own the mq 510 par meter and everything is on 130-150 par. I just dont get it. I have cyano now its not extending but its not going away dame spots on the sands not rocks. I had dinos but after fixing the nutrients they went away. I lost a lot of corals, like a frogspawn doing great for 3 months just bailing out at me. Hammer bailout its just insane to me. I even have a duncan thats 5 months old that the polyps are defective. Its puffed up and i even tried to move it. I dont run my skimmer at all. And i barely have control over my low nutrients.

Are there fish in the tank that you are feeding?

Back