Help me with my Letterman Jacket CONTEST! $10 prize!

Letterman Jacket Reefing Quote

• Reeds n' Reefs

Votes: 17 22.1%
  • It's a reef thing

Votes: 21 27.3%
  • A tad obsessed

Votes: 4 5.2%
  • Reef Queen

Votes: 14 18.2%
  • Fraggin Saxy

Votes: 21 27.3%

• Total voters

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Like FedEx or UPS etc..

That's something you need to consider. Chances are low but they get exponentially higher the more shipping of the jacket you do.

I hate to say this but I strongly advise you not to ship this jacket to other members.

This however will be your choice! Sorry not trying to be a David Downer here but I'm just worried for you! :p

OP
OP
footgal

footgal

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Like FedEx or UPS etc..

That's something you need to consider. Chances are low but they get exponentially higher the more shipping of the jacket you do.

I hate to say this but I strongly advise you not to ship this jacket to other members.

This however will be your choice! Sorry not trying to be a David Downer here but I'm just worried for you! :p
its okay, the jacket is only $30 and I've spent way more than that on coral. I think it'll be fun and fedex hasn't let me down before so I'm hoping they'll come through for me now! I think that if the holiday season comes around before the jacket finishes the loop, I'll ask whoever has it to hang onto it until January because Christmas shipping is super dangerous. Best case scenario, I get a really cool jacket from some awesome people here on R2R and worst case scenario I lose $30. If the jacket is lost, I'll buy another and bring it to reef shows with me and have people add their touches there :) Reef currents 2021 is coming up soon and I feel like there'll be a pretty good turn out there :D

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
@revhtree - another option for patches (in addition to iron-on and sew-on) is for the patch to have velcro-backing.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
its okay, the jacket is only $30 and I've spent way more than that on coral. I think it'll be fun and fedex hasn't let me down before so I'm hoping they'll come through for me now! I think that if the holiday season comes around before the jacket finishes the loop, I'll ask whoever has it to hang onto it until January because Christmas shipping is super dangerous. Best case scenario, I get a really cool jacket from some awesome people here on R2R and worst case scenario I lose $30. If the jacket is lost, I'll buy another and bring it to reef shows with me and have people add their touches there :) Reef currents 2021 is coming up soon and I feel like there'll be a pretty good turn out there :D

Ok with that said I can agree 100%! I would also love to sign it!

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
at @footgal ,filled,out address form,this is confidential,just a thought as ,revhtree said,if jacket gets lost in transit,sould we not be giving actual names with user name? so if lord forbid fed ex loses jacket,person can deal with them as a person,not a user name?? just a thought ,precaution ;) :)

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
OP
OP
footgal

footgal

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
at @footgal ,filled,out address form,this is confidential,just a thought as ,revhtree said,if jacket gets lost in transit,sould we not be giving actual names with user name? so if lord forbid fed ex loses jacket,person can deal with them as a person,not a user name?? just a thought ,precaution ;) :)
Yeah that’d be good. My current plan for shipping is to either make all the labels myself (person with jacket texts/pms me when they need a label) so I keep all the addresses and only send prepaid shipping labels or I can pm the address of the next person to the person that has the jacket and they can pay for shipping. I’ll probably go with the first option because it’s more private for y’all and keeps me in the loop about where the jacket is, even though I’ll have to eat the shipping myself :)

fishguy242

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yeah that’d be good. My current plan for shipping is to either make all the labels myself (person with jacket texts/pms me when they need a label) so I keep all the addresses and only send prepaid shipping labels or I can pm the address of the next person to the person that has the jacket and they can pay for shipping. I’ll probably go with the first option because it’s more private for y’all and keeps me in the loop about where the jacket is, even though I’ll have to eat the shipping myself :)
i am with you,on keeping tabs,and directing,but paying all shipping?? i would pay to ship to next,that may end up costly for you ;)

terraincognita

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll buy another and bring it to reef shows with me and have people add their touches there :) Reef currents 2021 is coming up soon and I feel like there'll be a pretty good turn out there :D

You really think they're gonna let us out :X? ;Bookworm;Bookworm
:eek::eek::p:p

I feel like a teenager again.....

fishguy242

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
OP
OP
footgal

footgal

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i am with you,on keeping tabs,and directing,but paying all shipping?? i would pay to ship to next,that may end up costly for you ;)
I may have people PayPal me shipping money, I did a couple calculations and it’s $12 for the cheapest option just to ship 1 hour away from me!

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I may have people PayPal me shipping money, I did a couple calculations and it’s $12 for the cheapest option just to ship 1 hour away from me!

We should ship one to another and then back to you.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So out, me, out, me, out, me? I was kinda hoping to just pass it from person to person to save on shipping

No I meant from you to one of us and then us to each other and final my back to you! Save you all that shipping

fishguy242

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
We should ship one to another and then back to you.
So out, me, out, me, out, me? I was kinda hoping to just pass it from person to person to save on shipping
Totally agree with revhtree, you ship to 1st person,they ship to next,last person ships to you!!,you will have order list,to track who has,but you pay once,we pay to each other ;) :)

fishguy242

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
No I meant from you to one of us and then us to each other and final my back to you! Save you all that shipping
sorry for laughing at you,simitanious post:rolleyes::cool:

OP
OP
footgal

footgal

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Totally agree with revhtree, you ship to 1st person,they ship to next,last person ships to you!!,you will have order list,to track who has,but you pay once,we pay to each other ;) :)
Okay yes that’s what I was thinking! That’s why I have the list in order to make shipping as cheap as possible for everyone (currently in a counter clockwise loop around the US)

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 147 88.6%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.8%
Back