Help me with my revised Fish Stock List (6 foot, sand bottom, HNSA)

beesnreefs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got my new RedSea Reefer S 850 G2 up and running (build thread here if you're interested). After a month of lights-out to let the micro and miso biome get a head start I fired up the lights this weekend. It's got me thinking about my fish plan. I've revised it from the original plan when I first started planning out this tank. Think I settled on a final list.

This is a 6' tank with an HNSA aquascape. There are several caves, overhands, and swim-throughs of various sizes with fish in mind. I also used CaribSea OceanDirect live sand and have a sandbed between 2-3 inches deep. After cycling, I seeded the tank with live sand/mud both from Aquabiomics and IPSF. I've also added six 16-ounce jars of 5-7 species copepods as well as a couple of bags of amphipods from IPSF.

I will continue to seed the tank with copepods, likely adding a jar every month or two moving forward.

I also plan to feed the tank 2-3 times a day utilizing a mix of high-quality frozen food (Rod's + mysis + calanus), pellets (TDO), and algae tabs/wafers.

After careful consideration, planning, and reading, here's the planned fish list (with some notes):
  1. Lyretail Anthias x 3 (one male, two females already in the tank - added from TSM Aquatics almost 3 weeks ago)
  2. Midas blenny (in QT right now and will be ready to be added in 2 weeks)
  3. Genicanthus angel, female, one version of the Swallowtail
  4. Royal gramma*
  5. Falco hawkfish*
  6. Ornate leopard wrasse
  7. Radiant wrasse
  8. Melanarus wrasse*
  9. Exquisite fairy wrasse
  10. Lineatus or Golden Rhombodalis fairy (undecided on which one)
  11. White-tailed bristletooth tang*
  12. Gem tang
  13. Blonde naso tang
*Fish with a star are currently living in my 65g mixed reef and will be moved over eventually

Thoughts, concerns, advice welcome! Thanks R2R community!!

Tcook

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good list. Consider getting two different genicanthus angels. I like the way they interact and follow each other. For a 180 I would get 5-7 lyretails.

Look into getting an Avast Plank to feed the TDO.

OP
OP
beesnreefs

beesnreefs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good list. Consider getting two different genicanthus angels. I like the way they interact and follow each other. For a 180 I would get 5-7 lyretails.

Look into getting an Avast Plank to feed the TDO.
Thanks for the ideas! I'd love to have more than one Genicanthus...thought about doing a male/female pair of the same species.

Are you suggesting I get two females of different species?

Tcook

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the ideas! I'd love to have more than one Genicanthus...thought about doing a male/female pair of the same species.

You could. I have a bellus and a Watanabe

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

You could do either, the tank is big enough.
The rest of the list looks good to me too.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 99 87.6%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.3%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%
Back