Help! My Apex will not connect. Lights flashing different colors and it won't connect

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

robbyg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
During my research i came across a post where a guy mentioned two kinds of resets.
One is using the Pin hole and pressing for a second which just resets the CPU and the other is press and hold the pin for 30+ seconds and this restores the unit to factory settings.

TheSeas

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Installed a new Apex EL last night on my new build. Everything was fine and start-up was seamless. Plumbing wasn't ready, so figured I would put my MP40s on (Outlets 1&2) and start my cycle. MP40s turned on, I adjusted them via mobius and called it a night.

This morning woke up, no pumps on - Outlet 1, 2 and 8 are off; Apex light is yellow and energy bar is orange.
Tried the pin reset - nothing.
Opened a ticket with Neptune Systems Support.
1) They asked me to ensure base was hooked to energy bar - confirmed
2) They asked me to disconnect the MP40s to see if that did anything - confirmed, no change
3) They asked me if I could access the Apex via its IP address, sent me a tool to do that - not able to connect

That was the last communication. All I am thinking about in my head is OMG, can I trust this thing when I am away from my tank and what if I am away and can't physically get to the tank.

Luckily I am only cycling now and am home, but this definitely is not a good start and hope not indicative of the product.

Anyone who posted here with the issue get it resolved?

gig 'em

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My issue was there was some corrosion on a USB cable and it was acting like the head unit wasn’t connected to the EB8. After unplugging and plugging all the USBs it connected again

BZOFIQ

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
in my experience, Aux power supply to the head unit plugged into a battery backup resolves 99% of power-related issues.

Yates273

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Resurrecting this thread. I have been having the same issue with my Apex El. It loses connection and starts blinking all different colors. It eventually connects but it takes some time.
The weird thing is I don’t have it running via WiFi. My unit is plugged in using Ethernet. Neptune told me it was a hardware issue and the unit needs to be replaced. Before I spend the money I was curious if anyone else has an idea what could be causing it to just lose a connection when it’s plugged in with an Ethernet cable. I already replaced the router thinking that may be the problem but it was not.

Yates273

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Never did get resolved they had to send me a new head unit as a replacement.
Hmmm. Yeah they offered me a new u it at a discounted price. I may have to pick it up since this one has been a little wonky. Just didn’t want to spend the money on it if I didn’t have to. Of course it’s working again. Probably a hardware issue within the unit.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 102 86.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.5%
Back