Help! My tank’s temp spiked!!

myhubbyshobby

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello!
So, long story short. I’m moving out and had to move my tank. The tank is about 3 months old, and my livestock has been all happy and healthy. I transferred the fish and corals to tubs with flows and heater, etc. My concern is that the temp spiked from 73 to 83 F will my livestock handle this? They’ve been like that for a couple hours. Please let me know if my babies got cooked or not. What can they handle?

thanks for any help.

Biglew11

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
73 is getting kind of low. 83 is high but still safe. that 10 degree swing is concerning.

bring temps down slowly you can place a fan blowing across the top. bottles of frozen water also helps.

BroccoliFarmer

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Honestly..i think you will be fine...yes it was a pretty aggressive swing and yeah...you might lose a head or so of coral...but that is not really that hot of a temp that I would be planning on fish gumbo as your new tank.

Irregardless

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dont freak. You'll be ok. It's quite difficult to drop the temp fast enough to bother the stuff in tank (unless you're really trying!)

Fan, couple frozen water bottles under the drain and a few bags of ice should cool the tank down in a few hours.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 99 88.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%
Back