Help! My town lost power! I have a generator but no Internet!

Erick Armanii

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Help! My town lost power! I have a generator but no Internet!

I am unable to connect to Apex to dial down some of my settings to conserve some power while I am off the grid. Also since I cannot connect to Apex fusion, how do I enter feed mode?

Is there a way to access my controller via an IP address? If so how.

WIReefer

608 MOD SQUAD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you plug your router into the generator?

OP
OP
Erick Armanii

Erick Armanii

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My whole house has power. But the Internet provider in the area has down cable lines. Also the cell service in my house is horrendous or I would turn my phone into a hotspot.

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have tried Apex.Local But for some reason it’s not connecting do I need to enter an IP address

You still need to be connected to the same wifi network as the apex to use this- your router needs to have power, regardless of whether there is internet.

Did you change the name of your apex, to anything other than "apex"? If so, need to use that instead. For example, I use "Reefer350.local"

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you know the Apex IP address, you can browse to it directly. For example: http://192.168.1.20

Note: The local username & password is not the same as your Fusion account. If you never set it, the default is:
User = admin
Pass = 1234

If you don't know the IP address, you may be able to find it if you can log into your router to look at its list of connected devices or the DHCP client list.

Once you're logged in to the local Apex dashboard, you'll be able to control devices and initiate Feed modes. Note that your local dashboard may not show all the same outputs you're used to seeing on Fusion. If items are missing, click the padlock icon to reveal the unused tiles at the top, scroll through them, and drag the ones you need onto the dashboard. Click the padlock again when done.

Alanna102499

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it possible to tether to your cell phone or an iPad with cellular data? Not sure if apex allows that...

OP
OP
Erick Armanii

Erick Armanii

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you know the Apex IP address, you can browse to it directly. For example: http://192.168.1.20

Note: The local username & password is not the same as your Fusion account. If you never set it, the default is:
User = admin
Pass = 1234

If you don't know the IP address, you may be able to find it if you can log into your router to look at its list of connected devices or the DHCP client list.

Once you're logged in to the local Apex dashboard, you'll be able to control devices and initiate Feed modes. Note that your local dashboard may not show all the same outputs you're used to seeing on Fusion. If items are missing, click the padlock icon to reveal the unused tiles at the top, scroll through them, and drag the ones you need onto the dashboard. Click the padlock again when done.
I’m not that tech savvy to figure that out but I did find an older iPad that I used a long time ago that I had apex local logged in.. I spent like 30 mins searching for it... powering it up.. and after finally logging into it the iPad started going crazy with notifications............ WiFi was back on lol.. all that effort for nothing!

it’s been 3 days with no internet and without feed mode most of the food would just get sucked in the overflows..

lesson learned

OP
OP
Erick Armanii

Erick Armanii

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you need to turn of the pumps for feeding wouldn’t it work to just....disconnect them haha?
Yes I guess I could manually disconnect the return pump, gyres and skimmer.

I remember when I first set up my apex I needed to log into the IP address of the unit.. (apex.local) and I couldn’t remember how that was done.

log story short the internet came back online last night

robbyg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just a suggestion: Now that your up and running get the local IP for your Apex and log onto it and then bookmark the IP and logon info so that in the future you don't run into this problem.

mike550

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Erick Armanii can you confirm that your Apex is connected to your WiFi?

As far as looking for an IP address for your controller if you’re running a Windows machine type ipconfig in a command prompt window. That should list all devices by IP address. Another way is to log in to your router. There should be a way to see what is on your network.

robbyg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You could use the Router info but do you know the password for the routers Admin account?

The simplest way is to login into Apex Fusion then go to "Expand" that is the Gear looking Icon near the top list. Once you click expand several new Icons will come up. One of them looks like a Speaker and is named "Network". Click on Network and you will see your Network summary. In that List is your IP address for Apex Local. It's just above "NetMask".

Write that down and logout of fusion then type in the IP in your address bar of your browser and that should take you into the Local version. You will need the Username and Password you used during setup. If not try the default of "admin" and "1234". Once you get in bookmark the page.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 15 83.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

• Other.

Back