Help needed for filtration for pico or small nano (<8g)

anthonygf

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome, thanks! I pretty much figured regular fish wouldn't work. I love the idea of that shrimp so that's something and I was thinking about the rockwork for a perching goby if upper level fish were a no-go.
Just in case you go bigger, this filter system is awesome. I had 2 but now only use the overflow boxes for my 46 bowfront and now will be transferring to 75g. For aquariums up to 90 gallons, don't know if it will work on a small system but check it out on Amazon.
KollerCraft TOM RP90 Rapids Pro Filter with UV Sterilizer for Aquariums

OP
OP
Karen00

Karen00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just in case you go bigger, this filter system is awesome. I had 2 but now only use the overflow boxes for my 46 bowfront and now will be transferring to 75g. For aquariums up to 90 gallons, don't know if it will work on a small system but check it out on Amazon.
KollerCraft TOM RP90 Rapids Pro Filter with UV Sterilizer for Aquariums
Nice! Thanks! Bonus that it comes with a UV. I will definitely check this out and even if it's not suitable for the smaller tank I want to do I will keep it in my back pocket for any larger builds I do.

NewCaliCaptives

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hate to tell you this, but that's going to go bad at some point. Maroon clownfish are very aggressive and get 5-6" long as adults. An ocellaris clown would work great in the setup you're describing, which sounds really nice, but maroons are not for nano tanks. The bare minimum size for one is more like 30 gallons, and a maroon in a 30gal will probably kill just about anything else in the tank. In a 10, that goby is either going to be killed or permanently driven into hiding, once the maroon matures a bit more and its hormones kick in. You should either rehome the maroon or upgrade the tank considerably.
Oh yeah I totally agree, they are both little tiny babies right now so no issues there. I have a 40 breeder that was my old reef tank that I’m waiting to set up until after we move in February! Just would rather move a 10g than a 40g

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 58 49.6%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 64 54.7%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 28 23.9%
  • None.

Votes: 28 23.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.7%
Back