Help needed . What’s in my Chaeto? Cheato reduced dramatically

AdamB

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone know what this is in my shrunken chaeto ? ? Sponge ? Cheato has been shrinking past month . Had grown to 10” in diameter . My nitrates were at 20 when I checked after noticing some of my sps fading ? Any thoughts?

6DA4801F-1816-43DE-A458-B37BA19BB817.jpeg

duberii

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Big blobs look like sponges to me, wouldn't really affect the growth of the chaeto... the smaller things would be hard to get an ID on without a closer pic (Unless they're the same as the big blobs). Smaller things could be something eating it.
Could also be something hidden eating away at it- crabs and such are great hiders, so you might have to take a peek at night after lights are off.

OP
OP
AdamB

AdamB

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for the input and help ! The smaller things have the same coloring as the blob spongesI will inspect the fuge. closer up . with my reading glasses. I think I have several flatworms in my fuge as well . I just dosed the fuge part with Exit today to remove them .

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 37 59.7%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 16 25.8%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 5 8.1%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 1 1.6%
Back