Help - New Apex did it to me again!

JCOLE

Grower of the Small Polyps
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My 1 month old Apex decided to brick itself this morning.

My original Apex 2016 was running flawlessly for almost 3 years then all of a sudden it started to get a bunch of fusion disconnect errors. I reset the Apex and it bricked itself and started acting completely crazy(lights randomly turning on and off, Kalk doser running constantly, etc). Had plenty of backups and tried everything. Eventually, Neptune said it was bad. I couldn't send it off for repair as it controls my entire system with over 40 outlets. I purchased a new Apex 2016 kit to replace it and I plan on sending the old one off for repair.

The new one was running fine for a month(except for the EB832 that it came with). The EB832 was not monitoring Wattage correctly. Some outlets had 0 watts and others had half the watts being used. I expected this was an issue but didn't think it could be detrimental to the system. Over the last two days, I have received a bunch of Fusion disconnect alerts. Against my better judgment, I decided to restart this Apex yesterday, and wouldn't you know, this one bricked itself. I reached out to Neptune support and haven't received much help as they are closed over the weekend.

I had a backup program on hand and dumped the backup in. The system came back up but the probes and switches wouldn't take so I had to rename and reprogram those. The EB832 would not restore the power loss trouble even though it was on and connected to the system. I decided to swap the new EB832 out with my older one and it is working now and the wattage is being monitored correctly.

The issue I have now is nothing is being logged on Fusion and local. No data for event logs, Trident, Probes, DOS dosing intervals, and power usage graphs. Has anyone experienced something like this? I hope Neptune can rectify this issue tomorrow because this is extremely stressful. A lot of money and stress over the last month for something that shouldn't cause this.

@SuncrestReef Have you heard or seen anything like this? Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Apex local. No graphs.
1642368847665.png

Apex Fusion - No graphs, logs, or data. All data stops after 10am this morning.
1642368904325.png

No log entries for today. I log my Kalk doser and it runs every 5 min. It is enabled for logging.
1642368930112.png

Example of yesterdays event log
1642369272875.png

Dos started logging shortly after 10am this morning.
1642369235770.png

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The most common reason that graphs don't show up is when the Apex clock & timezone are not set correctly, so it doesn't think there's any data to graph for today. Run the Clock Setup task in Fusion to adjust it for your local timezone and daylight saving time settings, then reboot the Apex.

OP
OP
JCOLE

JCOLE

Grower of the Small Polyps
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The most common reason that graphs don't show up is when the Apex clock & timezone are not set correctly, so it doesn't think there's any data to graph for today. Run the Clock Setup task in Fusion to adjust it for your local timezone and daylight saving time settings, then reboot the Apex.

@SuncrestReef Thank you for the quick reply. See below screenshot. This is what Fusion and local show. It appears it is already set up. Should I change it to another timezone and then back to see what happens? If so, should I do it from Fusion or local?

1642369461965.png

Totroc3

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I know this thread is somewhat old but I had a similar situation to yours and hope what helped me may help someone else. I started getting all of the disconnect notices and then it seemed like it died along with my EB832. I reset the Apex and still had trouble. Prior to this I had a lot of low voltage warnings since I run 3 tanks off of my family room circuit. Just for kicks, I moved the one Apex power supply I had on hand from another Apex to the one with issues and it has worked perfectly since. I also have no more issues with my EB832. After that I bought 2 more power supply units for my other 2 Apex.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 99 86.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.6%
Back