Help! New Fry

REB49

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OMG! I need serious help. As a newb I've discovered many things I didn't consider about setting up my saltwater tank. But I have not seen anything about having to consider that about fish have babies! I am not prepared!

I have a 10 gallon nano tank with 2 zebra clowns and 1 dwarf angel. I just went in to give them lunch and I see a lot of teeny tiny things moving around a trench in the sand. I don't know how the trench got there and I'm not sure but I think these are fry from the clowns.

What should I do? The 10 gallon tank will not support all these babies. Please help. And yes I already know that this was a stupid thing to miss. I will suffer the slings and arrows I know I have coming, but hopefully someone out there will give me some good advice.

thank you

Mikedawg

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unless you have a very unique mating "situation" these are clown fry, lol. I also let nature take its course when mine lay eggs in DT. BTW, lot of fish for a 10 gallon and a good reason to upgrade to a bigger tank.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
R

REB49

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unless you have a very unique mating "situation" these are clown fry, lol. I also let nature take its course when mine lay eggs in DT. BTW, lot of fish for a 10 gallon and a good reason to upgrade to a bigger tank.
Thank you. My problem is money. I have always wanted a saltwater tank, and the government was so good to me with extra money that I figured now is the time! I read a lot and decided that I could afford a small tank and the upkeep. I just forgot that fish have babies too! At 72, you don't think about that! LOL. Also I live in an apartment and the weight and place for a big tank was a major concern. I do appreciate this hobby a lot more now and need to do some serious thinking of my choices for the future.

Upvote 0

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 23.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 20.1%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 25.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back