Help, New to Radions! XR30 Gen 4. Connect with Mobius or Apex (WXM)?

kyley

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All,
I have a pair of Radion XR30 Gen 4s (they have the newer RF Module and are Mobius compliant) that I bought used. I was planning to control them with Mobius. But I have an Apex and WXM as well. And I guess ReefLink is another option? What would be best / easiest to control with? I've seen a lot of posts with problems using Mobius, although on paper it seems easiest? Any recommendations would be welcome!

Also, if I upgrade the firmware for them to work with Mobius, do they no longer work with the WXM?

Side note, I'm using these with an AquaticLife T5 hybrid setup (and the Apex will control on/off on them). Thanks,
--Kyle

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My understanding is that the Radion G5s don't work with ReefLink or WXM, and there's no Neptune control through Apex. I'd try it with Neptune first because I'm not sure if you upgrade the firmware that there's any going back after with the G4s.

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you ever connect a Radion G4 or older to the Mobius app, that upgrades the Radion firmware to a version that's no longer compatible with the WXM, and you'll need to follow the instructions here to downgrade the Radion firmware back to a version that the WXM can connect to:

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
(I didn’t realize until just now that you’re the same person I’m assisting on the other WXM thread)

Onewolf

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you ever connect a Radion G4 or older to the Mobius app, that upgrades the Radion firmware to a version that's no longer compatible with the WXM, and you'll need to follow the instructions here to downgrade the Radion firmware back to a version that the WXM can connect to:

I 'downgraded' a new Mobius MP10 I bought recently in order to be compatible with my existing Reeflink ESL system. The downgrade worked fine and now it's on the ESL system with 2 Radion G4s, a Vectra S1, and 2 MP10s.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 95 88.0%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.8%
Back