Help on SPS light spectrum AI Prime 16HD in 18 gal

eliasher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

I have just purchased new AI Prime 16HD to re place my old Kessil A350W in my nano of 16x18 inches and 18 gallons tank

I’m struggling to get best spectrum for mantain mix corals with some sps on the top. I tried AB+ and Saxby but it seems to me too much blue spectrum and I like a more white light in the aquarium

I modified Saxby by increasing a bit the white and I have set the following settings:

umNTjH6.png

Do you think it could work? Any other suggestion for SPS not too much blue saturated?

Thanks!

P-Dub

The ocean is open to all, merciful to none.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

I have just purchased new AI Prime 16HD to re place my old Kessil A350W in my nano of 16x18 inches and 18 gallons tank

I’m struggling to get best spectrum for mantain mix corals with some sps on the top. I tried AB+ and Saxby but it seems to me too much blue spectrum and I like a more white light in the aquarium

I modified Saxby by increasing a bit the white and I have set the following settings:

umNTjH6.png

Do you think it could work? Any other suggestion for SPS not too much blue saturated?

Thanks!
Give the corals what they need and then augment for visual appeal. AB+ works for corals, so....
Careful on adding white, red as this can increase algae growth. An option would be to bump the greens a bit to counter the blue, to a point.

OP
OP
E

eliasher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Give the corals what they need and then augment for visual appeal. AB+ works for corals, so....
Careful on adding white, red as this can increase algae growth. An option would be to bump the greens a bit to counter the blue, to a point.
What about this? Is white still too high or now is better?
Thanks!
93D7A0DC-3DB6-40F2-81BB-EB30188BB120.png

P-Dub

The ocean is open to all, merciful to none.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What about this? Is white still too high or now is better?
Thanks!
93D7A0DC-3DB6-40F2-81BB-EB30188BB120.png
Really it is up to you and what you like, what your corals like, and how your tank responds based on nutrient levels. Give it a go. Just remember. when we change things, it takes time, often more time than we think, to see the results of those changes. As well, changes usually affect the corals in a way to stall growth as they adapt to the new settings.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 39 32.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 19.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back