Help please anemone caught in gyre overnight

Houston03

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone my tank is pretty new (reefer250) and have not dealt with something like this before, I woke up this morning to my long tentacle anemone caught in my gyre dead. I just did a 12 gallon water change yesterday and parameters were perfect, this morning my tank was very cloudy with the anemones tentacles in small pieces in the sand, I had about 2.5gallons of saltwater on hand and did a small water change right away before I had to go to work, when I get home today what would you guys do? Major water change? Small water changes over the next few days? I just don’t know what to do besides water changes

MERKEY

Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The carbon has to remove all the toxins from the dead nem. This could take 2 bags or it could take 10. Thats an exadurated number but you get what I'm saying....time will tell and being on top of the carbon and another few water changes over the next couple days and you should be fine.

Carbon can be exhausted in the first couple hours so in a situation like this if you can run home at lunch and check on the tank, I would.

OP
OP
Houston03

Houston03

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did a big water change along with cleaning everything inside the tank along with changing out carbon, tank looks much better now and isn’t cloudy at all. Hopefully I did enough.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 66 37.5%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.5%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.2%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back