0   0   0
3C37205A-D19B-4227-8DEB-E39D961BCD31.jpeg

Coralreefer1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Light, low water flow, high nutrients and water parameter issues are the culprits. Also, are you doing water changes?

Bulletsponge

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
definite water quality issues. If you aren't doing water changes i would start now. remove as much as you can manually while changing water as well because if it dies in the tank it will just release all those nutrients back into the water column

OP
OP
M

mach1john

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
definite water quality issues. If you aren't doing water changes i would start now. remove as much as you can manually while changing water as well because if it dies in the tank it will just release all those nutrients back into the water column

OP
OP
M

mach1john

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did one a month ago. Started to get bad shortly thereafter. I guess I’ll do another.

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is what 85% of real reefs look like

Periphyton coverage got in, they belong on the reef and it's coexpressing with other invaders. Out of five thousand logged tank fixes this one here is 100% rip clean potential above all I've seen in nine years.

If you want that fixed, let's rip clean it all at once. The sandbed totally clean. The walls. All new water. Rocks cleaned in a certain way. Assembled after a day's work like a new tank, skip cycle technique.

Envision what will take months to naturally undo, -if- you find a perfect water param that pleases everything or a lucky medicine, but instead ran all at once where results happen by end of day. Not only is it doing something fast within a hobby that demands slow, it's free. It breaks known rules in reefing, but we could easily pattern the work off 20 page threads of it already being done.

The tank is eutrophic. We would make it oligotrophic by removing 100% of invader and tank detritus.

Oldreefer44

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you using RODI water for your changes and top off? If not it will just come back. Figure out the root cause which is likely water quality then act otherwise will be chasing your tail.

sixty_reefer

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi mate what’s your current parameters?

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 43 36.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 29.9%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 28 23.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back