Help please!!!!!

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Antibiotics can be slow to take effect. I would give it a little more time.... unless the Doc has other ideas.

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just metro I'm waiting for the Kanaplex to come in
The red spot is gone on the fish but he is ant any better

I would keep dosing Metroplex every 48 hrs for up to 3 weeks. Once the Kanaplex comes in, add that to the mix. As Meredith said, antibiotics are slow acting. A BSJ I recently treated for "Blue Spot Jawfish Disease" with metro/kanaplex mix stopped eating for 2 weeks before finally resuming. He stopped eating even before I began treatment, so I don't think the antibiotics were to blame.

OP
OP
Joon

Joon

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I got home from work to day and the little guy has gone to a better place

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm sorry for your loss :(

OP
OP
Joon

Joon

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is the best way to starilizer my QT

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is the best way to starilizer my QT

Wipe everything down with either a mild bleach or vinegar solution. Rinse thoroughly when using bleach and also let everything dry thoroughly afterwards. The latter applies to both bleach & vinegar cleaning.

OP
OP
Joon

Joon

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How will I know if it is uornema the other clown is sick now it has stringy poop red spots excess mucase and stopped eating

Brian Kim

Color My Reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would suggest getting rid of that clown, It's obvious that you got them both from the same place, same tank, same water....really doubt he will make it either, take him back to where you purchased him and let them know what happened with the other one even after all the effort you put into saving the little guy.

Clean and sterilize your QT tank and all of its equipment before your new livestock arrives, I believe you said this weekend. Meanwhile order biospira, since you will lose all the bioload from your QT tank and you will need something to kickstart it, also grab cupramine, prazipro, seachem copper test kit and seachem ammonia alert if you haven't yet.

Do large (30-50%) water change, once you put the fishes in, for the first few days until your QT cycles and try to feed your fishes with food soaked in garlic extract and selcon if you are getting tangs especially.

ps: Dr. Tim's One and Only works but not for an emergency QT set up which I am assuming will be your case now. Go with Bio Spira

OP
OP
Joon

Joon

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well it's been one week sense I QT the other clown he seems to be doing good I have had my other fish blanne and wrasse in QT for two weeks I'm wondering how long I should keep fish out of my DT for the brooklynella of what ever it is to die off

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well it's been one week sense I QT the other clown he seems to be doing good I have had my other fish blanne and wrasse in QT for two weeks I'm wondering how long I should keep fish out of my DT for the brooklynella of what ever it is to die off

6 weeks is the fallow period for brook; but going fishless for 76 days should give you a total clean slate disease wise (including ich.)

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 19.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back