Help - Requirements for Trident

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Gondore

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I currently have a full apex system setup and have for several years. It's been running great but I would like to add the Trident. I was wondering.... Can I just purchase the new Head Unit without replacing anything else (i.e. Power Bars, Breakout Box, etc)? Also, will I have to reprogram the unit or are all the settings saved in the cloud?

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New head unit only. Will need to reprogram the unit

radiata

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I currently have a full apex system setup and have for several years. It's been running great but I would like to add the Trident. I was wondering.... Can I just purchase the new Head Unit without replacing anything else (i.e. Power Bars, Breakout Box, etc)? Also, will I have to reprogram the unit or are all the settings saved in the cloud?

If you do the Head swap, I strongly suggest you save and print out the configuration of your current system. It will make things easier when you need to plan and troubleshoot the new install.

OP
OP
G

Gondore

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you do the Head swap, I strongly suggest you save and print out the configuration of your current system. It will make things easier when you need to plan and troubleshoot the new install.

I am a little surprised they just don't store the settings in the cloud.

Joshua Mummery

I Like Turtles
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
keep your current apex running. buy the new head and link it to your apex fusion. Then in fusion copy and paste the codes to the outlets etc...

after the new head unit is up and running verify nothing is wrong then delete the old unit from your fusion.

InkedReefLady

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just ordered the new head unit with the trident. Is there an easy way to get all the codes in one place? Or do you have to go plug by plug to get each setting?

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just ordered the new head unit with the trident. Is there an easy way to get all the codes in one place? Or do you have to go plug by plug to get each setting?

You'll need to copy & paste the programming for each output one by one. That's the only way. Also, be sure to name all the outputs to match the old names, and the same with all inputs, modules, and profiles.

You can create a backup of the configuration that can be restored in one step, but the backup is only valid for the exact same model of Apex. You cannot restore a backup from an Apex Classic onto a new Apex-EL or any other model. But, it's always good to create a backup in case anything goes wrong and you need to swap out your Apex with a replacement. See my instructions for creating a backup here: https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/apex-users-public-service-announcement.622847/

InkedReefLady

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You'll need to copy & paste the programming for each output one by one. That's the only way. Also, be sure to name all the outputs to match the old names, and the same with all inputs, modules, and profiles.

You can create a backup of the configuration that can be restored in one step, but the backup is only valid for the exact same model of Apex. You cannot restore a backup from an Apex Classic onto a new Apex-EL or any other model. But, it's always good to create a backup in case anything goes wrong and you need to swap out your Apex with a replacement. See my instructions for creating a backup here: https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/apex-users-public-service-announcement.622847/

Thank you!!

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 102 86.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.5%
Back