Help: Royal Gramma and Tailspot Blenny just started flashing.

huckjai

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Reefers. Looking for some advice here.

I have a Royal Gramma and Tailspot Blenny both in a QT. I am doing TTM and using GC and Metroplex throughout the TTM.

Both fish were doing great. No signs of any disease or parasites. Yesterday was their last tank transfer to finish off TTM. During the transfer the Royal Gramma was very stressed this time around. He was jumping around a lot more than previous times when I was catching him, and he hid for a few hours. He only hid for a few hours after a transfer the first day I got him. All previous transfers I had no issues with stress from him.

Then this morning I go to feed them and the Royal Gramma is swimming around the floor and scratching both sides against the side of the glass. The tailspot was acting normal and not scratching or anything. So I decided to dose Prazipro in case they have flukes. Can fish get flukes from stress?

I leave home for a few hours, and come back to see the Royal Gramma now swimming around as normal and scratching a lot less than he was earlier. But the tailspot is now scratching against the tank floor. No signs of ich or any other disease. Both fish look healthy.

Any suggestions on what should I do next? Should I do a FW dip and transfer them to another tank then do Prazi again in 3 days? Should I dose Kanaplex?

Thanks for your help.

Last edited:

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sometimes they smack against something as a territorial behavior. My blenny does this and that is my guess as to what they are doing.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 35 33.7%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 22 21.2%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 8.7%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 6 5.8%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 29 27.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.9%
Back