Help Royal Gramma sick?

Sebastiancrab

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My royal gramma has had his tail chewed by a tankmate probably in the last 24 hours. Then I recently noticed these tiny white spots. Does he also have a disease or is this due to stress? He is rubbing his body against the sand.
Thank you!

1590966685698.png

Last edited:
OP
OP
Sebastiancrab

Sebastiancrab

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Let's see if we can get some help...

#reefsquad @HotRocks @4FordFamily
I got some. Thank you Bruce! I had to post a second thread with the squad listed. It wouldn't let me edit this one maybe because I already edited it once?
I have put him in a bucket taking care of the temp with an air filter. Will be doing a dip shortly. Off to the LFS tomorrow to buy what else I need.

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Velvet. The number of spots and size lead me this way. This is smaller fish so the spots look comparatively larger than they would on say a 6" tang.

I'd put the fish in a QT tank with copper, and any fish in that system. Coppersafe at 2.5PPM is my new recommendation for 30 days. Leave the display tank fishless for 76 days.

OP
OP
Sebastiancrab

Sebastiancrab

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Velvet. The number of spots and size lead me this way. This is smaller fish so the spots look comparatively larger than they would on say a 6" tang.

I'd put the fish in a QT tank with copper, and any fish in that system. Coppersafe at 2.5PPM is my new recommendation for 30 days. Leave the display tank fishless for 76 days.
Seachem Paraguard treats both velvet and Ick only the time period is different. The royal gramma is doing fine and they all are being treated together in the DT. That is what Seachem recommended to me this morning. I don't have any corals yet. :) Thank you to everyone! I had already bought the Paraguard before I saw these subsequent postings. I don't have any coral yet and am in no hurry to get any because I plan to upgrade to a larger tank in the near future.

Last edited:
Back