Help save Stitch! 3+ year old Blue Hippo Tang is sick out of the blue!

faisal629

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, I had this blue hippo tang for about 3 years in the same tang, currently there are only a pair of fancy clowns along with lps with him and the clowns dont bother him, if anything it will be the other way around.

The first few months he was very shy and timid but over the years he has opened up and the past year even started eating out of my hand.

Last night when I went to feed I could not see him anywhere, which is strange since he normally gets super excited and swimming very close to the top. i had to peek around the back to see him hiding and behaving shocked. I noticed white scars/patched on the sides of his body, a quick search suggested it could be HLLE, can anyone confirm this?
BTW he did not eat a single bite, never in 3 years have I seen him not eat :(
Attaching as many clear pics as possible, i really like this fish, hes been around our family and it everyones fav. I can have a QT set up if needed

Looking to find out what exactly he has and best way of treating it.:oops:

Thanks in advance!

IMG_5196.jpg IMG_5191.jpg IMG_5182.jpg IMG_5181.jpg IMG_5179.JPG

Dierks

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Humblefish or @HotRocks I think he has correctly identified the issue but will you confirm. Thanks guys!

This will get you started if you haven't come across this write-up yet:

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 73 51.8%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 72 51.1%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 36 25.5%
  • None.

Votes: 31 22.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.4%
Back