RobbieMaynard

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Hello - I have my new Nuvo 40 cycling for a couple of weeks now. Last piece of equipment I am looking to add in a couple weeks is a skimmer. I’ve been researching for a while and I am having trouble finding a reputable skimmer that fits in one of the accessory chambers. At the moment I am thinking about ditching the filter stock to go with a Tunze 9004 DC skimmer. But I’m concerned that removing the sock may lead to larger particles staying in tank/ AIO sump. If you have a similar sized Nuvo, I’m very interested in any thoughts, ideas recommendations for the skimmer. Thanks in advance!

Aquarium Specialty - dry goods & marine livestock

blaxsun

10K Club member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
You'll still want the filter sock and/or media baskets (InTank makes a great upgrade, so it's worth checking out), so yes - your concerns are well-founded. So you're looking for a skimmer in addition to your filtration (socks or media baskets). Tunze, IceCap and Bubble Magus all make good nano skimmers from what I've read.

OP
R

RobbieMaynard

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Thank you very much for the feedback. I’ve recently been made aware of the PLS-50 skimmer from mode aquariums, thanks to Maximus93101. It fits in the accessory chamber so it would be a great solution. Just trying to get in touch with them to make sure they are still shipping them out.

BRS

How will you use the R2R App?

• IOS Device

Votes: 361 55.8%
  • Android Device

Votes: 201 31.1%
  • Neither, I'll still use the desktop or mobile version I use now!

Votes: 85 13.1%
Atlantik Icon  reef aquarium LED Bar