Help Tang Sick

Steelheader09

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have a naso tang that i have had for a month. He is still a juvenile. Always been a voracious eater. He just stopped eating and is very week. No visable issues on the outside and no weight loss? All other tank mates are fine. Looks like he is going down fast.

BighohoReef

A reefer in need is a friend indeed!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have any video of the tang? Are you seeing heavy breathing? We're you able to QT before adding to your DT?

OP
OP
Steelheader09

Steelheader09

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its not letting me attach a video. Idk what file type it needs. I was not able to QT him as i took him from someone who was shutting down their tank to downsize and my QT equipment is at my parents. He may be breathing a little faster tham normal. I have attached a picture

20200806_131334.jpg

pdxmonkeyboy

Sticks!! Give me the sticks!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is he trying to swim into the powerheads or return flow? If so, I would suspect velvet. I don't see anything obvious on the fish. Regardless, a freshwater dip will help him if it is velvet or ich. But you need to get your QT up and running... like today. Because once a fish is showing obvious signs of decline.. time is not on your side.

OP
OP
Steelheader09

Steelheader09

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hes not trying to swim at all. He just lays there. I was going to dip him i was worried that might be the stress that does him in

BighohoReef

A reefer in need is a friend indeed!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Strange... doesn’t seem like velvet, you’d seem more spots on the fish. I also have doubts especially if the fish comes from another established system. Ich would be my primary concern but it doesn’t have any signs of it on the scales. Have the white blotches always been on the Tang? Maybe some type of internal parasite... I would say you could try parazipro but without a QT tank or isolation tank your treatment options leave you limited to direct dosing your DT.

OP
OP
Steelheader09

Steelheader09

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He gets white blotches at times. I was told thats juvenile spots. I can try FW dip. How long should i do it? What are the chances its constipation? Should i dose epsom salt?

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could there be an aggression issue with other fish in your system?

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 126 88.7%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 3.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.1%
Back