Help to ID a living thing in my wellsophyllia

Reefer360

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all .. so today bought a new wellsophyllia and i dip it in coral Rx pro .. nonetheless, after i add it it the tank i noticed its moving so i flip it .. and found this guy .. is there an ID .. good or bad? Looks like a snail.

Please refer to the video

Attachments

• 20210411_213031.mp4
    56.6 MB
OP
OP
R

Reefer360

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you here is a pic

Attachments

• 20210411_213105.jpg
    20210411_213105.jpg
    168.9 KB · Views: 70

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Its definitely some type of nudibranch. Looks close to a California Berthella but dont believe it is one
I can also say that unless its a blue velvet or berghia which neither are- Not worth the risk - chuck it

OP
OP
R

Reefer360

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its definitely some type of nudibranch. Looks close to a California Berthella but dont believe it is one
I can also say that unless its a blue velvet or berghia which neither are- Not worth the risk - chuck it
Alright.. i don't want to risk anything sure .. how can i get rid of it with hurting the coral

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Not too sure its a nudi.....its literally inside a shell lol. The feelers look like a fighting conch.
LOL- this message I posted was for a different page (this is what happens when you have 4 pages open once).
Surprised no one wondered what I was drinking - I dont drink.

Asa for This pic/video . . . . . looks like a Florida Crown Conch, Melongena corona which is not ref safe as with many conchs

OP
OP
R

Reefer360

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LOL- this message I posted was for a different page (this is what happens when you have 4 pages open once).

Asa for This pic/video . . . . . looks like a Florida Crown Conch, Melongena corona which is not ref safe as with many conchs
Thank you i will quarantine the coral in the meantime untill i know how to get rid of it .. thank you

OP
OP
R

Reefer360

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Thank you i will quarantine the coral in the meantime untill i know how to get rid of it .. thank

Mr_Knightley

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is an old post, but I just wanted to share how neat this is. It appears to me that the wellso actually settled on the snail's shell as a larvae, and has been growing with it for however many years it's been around. It's really neat! Stuff like this doesn't happen often at all.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 18.1%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 16.3%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 19.3%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 69 41.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.8%
Back