Help troubles on my reef my ALK is 14

click clacks reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did too many water changes with redsea pro and ALK went all the way up to a 15. Looking for the best way to bring it down some coral are losing color stick are dying off slowly even the mushrooms are balled up I was able to switch salts and lower it to 12 looking to reach around 9 as for now the tanks test are.
Cal -425
Mag -1330
Alk-12 [emoji26]
Amm-0
Nitrate-0
Nitrite-0
Ph-7.6 [emoji31]
Phos-0.25
Sal-1.025
Help

Tahoe61

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi and welcome to R2R. :)

Going to move this thread to the Chemistry section.

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Assuming you do not dose, it will drop on its own. That would be my choice over adding acid to lower alkalinity.

High alkalinity is fine as long as you have adequate nutrients in the water, but your nitrate is low for that and feeding more short term may help (or dose nitrate)

GoPitt88

Pitt Basketball is BACK!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Assuming you do not dose, it will drop on its own. That would be my choice over adding acid to lower alkalinity.

High alkalinity is fine as long as you have adequate nutrients in the water, but your nitrate is low for that and feeding more short term may help (or dose nitrate)

Yeah, I agree. I lose about 1.2 kKH per day in my 55 gallon mixed reef. Depends on what you have in your tank, however. I have (15) corals, including (4) SPS and (4) LPS. The rest are some leathers, mushrooms, and other softies. Good luck!!! :)

Slayvoff

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, I agree. I lose about 1.2 kKH per day in my 55 gallon mixed reef. Depends on what you have in your tank, however. I have (15) corals, including (4) SPS and (4) LPS. The rest are some leathers, mushrooms, and other softies. Good luck!!! :)
What fish do you keep in that tank?

Back