HELP! Trumpet coral dying!

Discussion in 'Coral Savers' started by Fatboy Reefer, Jan 24, 2018.

1. Fatboy Reefer

Fatboy Reefer Member

I've been noticing this coral turning kinda brown. It's still florescent under blue lights and the polyps still come out at night so I think I can still save it. I'm running the original lights that came with the Fluval Evo but I just ordered an AI PRIME HD. All parameters are normal and all my other corals are doing just fine. Do you guys think this new light will save this coral or is it too far gone? Thanks for your help!

20180124_103255.jpg

crabs_mcjones likes this.
    Tags:

2. crabs_mcjones

crabs_mcjones If my name was Sebastian, you'd totally help me R2R Supporter Reef Squad R2R Excellence Award Build Thread Contributor

How long has it been in your tank and how long has it been like this? Also what are your parameters? Is everything else in the tank looking ok?

3. Fatboy Reefer

Fatboy Reefer Member

All numbers in the tank are normal and everything else looks great. I haven't seen a ton of growth but that's why I'm switching to the AI prime HD. I'm hoping that kicks things into gear.

4. crabs_mcjones

crabs_mcjones If my name was Sebastian, you'd totally help me R2R Supporter Reef Squad R2R Excellence Award Build Thread Contributor

Just make sure to acclimate slowly. If the trumpet hasn't been in your tank long, it may be reacting to your light if you didn't acclimate it properly.

DSC reef and hyprc like this.
  5. MaiReef

MaiReef Well-Known Member Build Thread Contributor

Feed your trumpet. Mine maintain with broadcast feedings, but prefer personal feedings of Reef Roids or Coral Chili

DSC reef likes this.
  6. hyprc

hyprc Active Member

Trumpets can live in extremely low light (I'm talking bleed over light from the display while they're in the sump...). It might just want less light

crabs_mcjones likes this.
  7. DSC reef

DSC reef Coral wasted R2R Supporter Reef Squad R2R Excellence Award Build Thread Contributor

When you say parameters are fine do you mean stable numbers? Both corals in the pic look stressed. I think upgrading the light is a good idea.

Draft saved Draft deleted