Help us fix our LIVE SALES!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Which live sale format do you prefer?

• Total voters

Oscar Alejandro Perez

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@TopShelfAquatics I don't know how others feel, but personally, it would be great if corals were released within families and then subdivided even more to price ranges and rarity.

So let's say - at 10 am you release all acroporas within an affordable price range, at 2 pm you release the acros at the medium price range and then at 5 pm all the rare and higher-end pieces. - and you follow this format throughout with all the coral families ( so that every hour is represented by something). While keeping with the live-sale spirit, you can release really discounted and free pieces in-between hours. - Although personally releasing behind the scene footage and even showing off all the mother-colonies is far more engaging, and that would make me stay between release-hours.

Regardless of what you do, thank you for listening to the community!

OP
OP
TopShelfAquatics

TopShelfAquatics

Follow us on Instagram @topshelfaquatics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
@TopShelfAquatics I don't know how others feel, but personally, it would be great if corals were released within families and then subdivided even more to price ranges and rarity.

So let's say - at 10 am you release all acroporas within an affordable price range, at 2 pm you release the acros at the medium price range and then at 5 pm all the rare and higher-end pieces. - and you follow this format throughout with all the coral families ( so that every hour is represented by something). While keeping with the live-sale spirit, you can release really discounted and free pieces in-between hours. - Although personally releasing behind the scene footage and even showing off all the mother-colonies is far more engaging, and that would make me stay between release-hours.

Regardless of what you do, thank you for listening to the community!
This is a pretty cool idea! Thank you for suggesting this!

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do think part of the appeal of live sales is being exposed to corals I might have never known about or looked into and perhaps giving them a shot based on the discounted price. I think they mostly benefit those that don't necessarily know exactly what they want as opposed to someone looking for a specific piece that may or may not ever show up. I think people's gripe with live sales would be eliminated if the sales were spread out sufficiently such that the corals available during them would also be available, albeit at a higher price, between them.

RMS18

I keep water chemistry as my hobby
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love the live sales. Probably 80% of my corals are from them. I like them coming every few minutes. It is exciting. I know people can get frustrated when they don't win one, but the same thing is going to happen in the other formats. I would rather have many chances every few minutes then 1 chance every hour at being quick enough to check out.

I think for those like myself who do not like live sales is mainly because we do not have or want to sit around and spending hours on waiting for that piece/pieces to show. Everyone's life is different and I'd much rather be spending time with my wife and kids making memories, than hours refreshing a screen. If I was single and living in my old condo again waiting to go out at 11pm and pre-gaming sure live sales would be cool. Luckily there are vendors out there that dont do live sales. Now if I can just find a vendor who sells lps colonies and not frags, life in this hobby would be perfect.

Kdub Koral Guy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think for those like myself who do not like live sales is mainly because we do not have or want to sit around and spending hours on waiting for that piece/pieces to show. Everyone's life is different and I'd much rather be spending time with my wife and kids making memories, than hours refreshing a screen. If I was single and living in my old condo again waiting to go out at 11pm and pre-gaming sure live sales would be cool. Luckily there are vendors out there that dont do live sales. Now if I can just find a vendor who sells lps colonies and not frags, life in this hobby would be perfect.
To each his/her own. I have 5 kids and plenty of family time. These live sales only come around a couple times a year and I find them exciting and fun.

OP
OP
TopShelfAquatics

TopShelfAquatics

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Hey Guys and Gals,
First I want to thank you all for your suggestions. We have our Live Sale coming up quickly next weekend. We have spent many hours discussing among our team on how to move forward with all feedback. We want our Live Sales to be fun for everyone and have had many members share frustrations with the current Live Sale format. So we have decided to change it up a little. We want to try to please everyone so what we have decided to do is post 100+ Corals every hour on the hour during our sale. This will give everyone a fair chance at getting that special coral or even the free one. It also gives our guests the opportunity to do weekend things during the gaps (mowing the grass, water changes, cooking etc). We also wanted to reward those that stay on the thread, so we will also be posting corals throughout the hour. This gives the best of both words. These corals might be some of the super discounted ones or the hot ones everyone is after. The large 100+ drops will be directly on our site. We will post a link that is only accessible through Reef2Reef 5 minutes before the hour. This gives our R2R members a head start and chance to grab their corals before they are visible on the site. We really hope this new idea works and makes TSA Live Sales a little more fun and easier for all of you

Last edited:

Silver14SS

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Guys and Gals,
First I want to thank you all for your suggestions. We have our Live Sale coming up quickly next weekend. We have spent many hours discussing among our team on how move forward with all feedback. We want our Live Sales to be fun for everyone and have had many members share frustrations with the current Live Sale themes. So we have decided to change it up a little. We want to try to please everyone so what we have decided to do is post 100+ Corals every hour on the hour during our sale. This will give everyone a fair chance at getting that special coral or even the free one. It also gives our guests the opportunity to do weekend things during the gaps (mowing the grass, water changes, cooking ext). We also wanted to reward those that stay on the thread, so we will also be posting corals throughout the hour. This gives the best of both words. These corals might be some of the super discounted ones or the hot ones everyone is after. The large 100+ drops will be directly on our site. We will post a link that is only accessible through Reef2Reef 5 minutes before the hour. This gives our R2R members a head start and chance to grab their corals before they are visible on the site. We really hope this new idea works and makes TSA Live Sales a little more fun and easier for all of you

Sounds like a very reasonable approach, nice that you are acting on the feedback! :)

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like the sound of this and appreciate the effort to address some of the frustrations with Live Sales. As someone who took part in a couple and decided they weren't for me, I'll be checking this one out as a direct result of the effort and changes made.

OP
OP
TopShelfAquatics

TopShelfAquatics

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I like the sound of this and appreciate the effort to address some of the frustrations with Live Sales. As someone who took part in a couple and decided they weren't for me, I'll be checking this one out as a direct result of the effort and changes made.
Thank you for giving us an opportunity

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 39 32.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 19.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back