Help wanted (needed) Landscaping Live Rock In the tank

Delatedlotus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have some extremely nice corallin covered live rock, I have had it for some 20 years but they are just stacked rocks. I just sold some of it to down size and want to build more of a landscape in my 120 gallon. My question is can I glue the rocks underwater? Because I don't want to pull them out and possibly kill anything on them just to glue or cement them together. Is this possible at all ? Clueing live rock underwater in a large free standing landscape and if so, what would work best for me?. Google showed me nothing as to actually being able to landscape live rock underwater. Any ideas anyone.

rwreef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Google DIY Aquascaping there are many videos out there for ideas. I know you can glue rocks together and use super glue underwater. I would not recommend cement in the tank. If the tank is new I would suggest working it all out before filling it up with livestock. If it is an existing setup I would create the scape then cure, then add

OP
OP
Delatedlotus

Delatedlotus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks rwreef, This is a very established tank 280 gallons total on my system 23 years since I 1st set it up. Even then I wouldn't leave any live rock out of water for very long at all. I believe good rock is hard to get anymore like I have now. I have thought about super glue but I really want to build caves, ledges and free forms. I don't know if super glue would work ?.

rwreef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks rwreef, This is a very established tank 280 gallons total on my system 23 years since I 1st set it up. Even then I wouldn't leave any live rock out of water for very long at all. I believe good rock is hard to get anymore like I have now. I have thought about super glue but I really want to build caves, ledges and free forms. I don't know if super glue would work ?.
Got it! I agree, that's a very established aquarium. Yah super glue will not hold anything larger than frag plugs. Hopefully others can help. I am sure it will be very difficult and disruptive to the aquarium if you decide to do all the work inside the tank. A few hours in air may be worth it. Any pics?

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 42 36.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 30.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back