HELP with Anemone dont know if she is dying or what…

Nano_Man

Anemone L
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don’t know as much as vetteguy and cell but how is it doing. Strange that it hasn’t footed if it was dead bits would drop off it and you would smell it . Is it’s mouth open if it is alive it will be stressed right out . Update in white light Photo helps member get a good look at what’s going on. Are your water readings the same as yesterday. Theses guys are here to help also a wealth of knowledge from above members

OP
OP
daniel_mourra

daniel_mourra

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok i test water like this:

salinity 1.025 HANNA DIGITAL CHECKER
AMONIA 0 (Salifert Test not expires 2026)
NITRITE 0 (Salifert Exp 2026)
Calcium 430 Kh 11.8 Magnesium 1350 (Salifert 2026 exp)
Nitrate 12.2 (Hanna HR COLORIMETER reagents exp 202
Phosphate 0.06 (Hanna ULR Colorimeter reagents exp 2027)
Ph 8.1 (Hanna ph checker digital)
Temperature 26.5C (Hanna temp and Injbird controller)

i have low nutrients because tank is fallow 7th week and running GFO reactor (High Capacity GFO BRS)

also have carbon and purigen.

I DO BELIEVE I HAVE been stressing the anemone by feeding attempts (small shrimp, brine shrimp and phytoplankton) and constant handling as she kept moving around (rolling) in the sand and didnt stick to a rock…

she only stayed in a rock on the initial 3 days (it seemed very open very beautiful) and the moved to a small cave were she lived there for about 10 days and after that a clamp got in there and harrased her and she moved put…. Thats when all the trouble started, she never established her foot anywere else.

Rmckoy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’d try removing it from the cut and turning flow off for maybe 15-30 mins giving it a chance to burry its foot on the sand or on the bottom glass .
Dig a small crater in the sand close to the rocks and place the anemone on the sand . With no flow .
If healthy enough it will naturally attach .
a anemone that doesn’t attach to substrate isn’t good at all .

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’d try removing it from the cut and turning flow off for maybe 15-30 mins giving it a chance to burry its foot on the sand or on the bottom glass .
Dig a small crater in the sand close to the rocks and place the anemone on the sand . With no flow .
If healthy enough it will naturally attach .
a anemone that doesn’t attach to substrate isn’t good at all .
It's not a cup. It's a coupler. The nem is already against the bare glass.

Dom

Full Time Reef Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank is a 200 gal (175 actual water volume) and has 3 radeon XR15 Pro LED lights. Its currently on its 7th week out of 11 week fallow period due to ich outbreak.

I'm confused; you say you had Ich and are going fallow for 11 weeks. But you decided to add the Anemone at 7 weeks, during the fallow period? Is this correct?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Unfortunate updtae RIP anemone….
Sorry to hear and I would allow the tank to mature another 3-4 months before considering an anemone. After overcoming some issues you recently had- Hold off with any live stock a few weeks and take the time to enjoy your tank

iamacat

Higher than my pH
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bummer

I tracked through your posts and it appears since day one this has been a downward spiral of odd choices.

at this stage I would recommend taking everything you have out of your tank and starting over. The way you started your tank was a recipe for disaster which is what you are managing now. It doesn’t have to be like this. Follow methods that have been successful by starting with appropriate rock, sand, and bacteria

good luck

OP
OP
daniel_mourra

daniel_mourra

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm confused; you say you had Ich and are going fallow for 11 weeks. But you decided to add the Anemone at 7 weeks, during the fallow period? Is this correct?
Yes… that is unfortunatley correct. I made very bad choices. Very new in the hobby…

OP
OP
daniel_mourra

daniel_mourra

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to hear and I would allow the tank to mature another 3-4 months before considering an anemone. After overcoming some issues you recently had- Hold off with any live stock a few weeks and take the time to enjoy your tank
Yes…. Lesson learned

OP
OP
daniel_mourra

daniel_mourra

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bummer

I tracked through your posts and it appears since day one this has been a downward spiral of odd choices.

at this stage I would recommend taking everything you have out of your tank and starting over. The way you started your tank was a recipe for disaster which is what you are managing now. It doesn’t have to be like this. Follow methods that have been successful by starting with appropriate rock, sand, and bacteria

good luck
Downward spiral is exactly the best way to describe my whole ordeal….

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 18.1%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 16.3%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 19.3%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 69 41.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.8%
Back