Help with diagnosis and treatment on Percula

maxinf

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My water parameters are good and I introduced 2 clownfish on a newly cycled 20Gal tank that was setup a month and half ago. Both are eating well and pretty active, however I noticed this black patch on one of them. Also I noticed white stringy poops:

I have three hypothesis (Parasites, Bacterial Infection or Worms) but I'd like to confirm the diagnosis and treatment. I have available a hospital 15G tank and the some basic meds (Seachem MetroPlex, KanaPlex, NeoPlex and Cupramine).

1. Do I need to treat him, or since he is behaving well I should wait for self recovery? I'm afraid to stress him even further
  2. What would be the right treatment, considering the meds I have?
  3. Do I need to treat the other clowfish, even if he is 100% well? I have no other tank inhabitans except 2 small zoa frags
Below are some pics:

1.jpg 2.jpg

canadianclownfishguy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I receive clowns that are/have been stressed out they tend to have white stringy poops occasionally but they usually clear up quite fast after entering my systems. Is the black patch raised or textured?

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you get us a picture under white light instead of blue? I just can't make out enough details to hazard a guess.

Jay

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 42 36.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 30.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back