Help with Diagnosis

ebboard21

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Guys,
First post on R2R although i have used this website as a constant source of information throughout my time with my saltwater aquarium!
I need some help regarding diagnosis and treatment with something my vampire tang has contracted.
He's currently in my 10G hospital tank due to an outbreak of velvet in my DT (my fault didn't QT a new coral) being treated with cupramine at 0.5 therapeutic levels for the past 2 weeks.
The velvet seems to have fallen off and all the fish is the hospital tank are looking clear and healthy. My Vampire has been looking the same until about 48 hours ago when I noticed him twitching and producing so excess mucous, especially on his tail and fins. There are also small white cysts low down on his body as shown in the pictures.
Hes the only one in the hospital tank that seems to have this could this be flukes? I've the tank with praziquantel last night (fluke solve as i'm UK based) and he seemed slightly more comfortable this morning.
Any help would really be appreciated, I want him fit and healthy as he's been in my family for about 10 years now!
Thanks.

1c.jpg 1b.jpg

Frtdrmrose7

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would perform a 5 min FW dip to confirm or deny flukes, you will see little opaque sesame seed looking things fall off if it’s flukes.

Welcome to R2R!!!

OP
OP
E

ebboard21

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would perform a 5 min FW dip to confirm or deny flukes, you will see little opaque sesame seed looking things fall off if it’s flukes.

Welcome to R2R!!!

Thanks for getting back to me, I will try the FW dip this afternoon!
I'm not sure what else it could be as Cupramine should have dealt with most of the other common parasites?!

Frtdrmrose7

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for getting back to me, I will try the FW dip this afternoon!
I'm not sure what else it could be as Cupramine should have dealt with most of the other common parasites?!

How did the FW dip go? Any sign of flukes?

OP
OP
E

ebboard21

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How did the FW dip go? Any sign of flukes?
It went ok, he was in there for about 4 minutes but no sign of any grains dropping off him.
The prazi seems to be helping as the twitching has stopped and the cysts are reducing. He still seems to be producing excess mucous though so i'm not sure what it is!

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
PraziPro will be your guy. Temp at 77-78 and salinity range of 1.025-1.026

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 23 31.9%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 19 26.4%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 6 8.3%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 6.9%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 18 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.4%
Back