Help with Dino's.

Hallowhead

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Howdy,

In my frag tank I was battling cyano and dosed chemi clean to solve the the cyano and Dino's spawned. Throughout this entire process my nitrate was 10 and phosphate .1ppm.. I'm not sure where the Dino's came from but they're here.. and very bubbly and suffocating corals.

I baste and scrub multiple times a day and my nutrients remain at 10ppm nitrate and .1 phosphate.. any additional tips ? They're present during photo period and gone in the morning before lights are on.

It's a 34 gallon deep blue frag tank with roughly a 13 gallon sump.

Just_Pete

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Howdy,

In my frag tank I was battling cyano and dosed chemi clean to solve the the cyano and Dino's spawned. Throughout this entire process my nitrate was 10 and phosphate .1ppm.. I'm not sure where the Dino's came from but they're here.. and very bubbly and suffocating corals.

I baste and scrub multiple times a day and my nutrients remain at 10ppm nitrate and .1 phosphate.. any additional tips ? They're present during photo period and gone in the morning before lights are on.

It's a 34 gallon deep blue frag tank with roughly a 13 gallon sump.
Put a filter pad in the display tank on a clip, turkey bast the walls and everything else and watch the Dino’s stick to the pad from the water column. Take out, rinse and repeat. Then get dr Tim’s Dino treatment, it’s a nine day process. Follow it exactly and you should see results. I just completed mine a few days ago and my tank is spotless.

Tompickles

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Uv has worked for me in two systems that I had dino. Best to plumb the uv to pull from display and return back into the display to process the most water possible. Blow off the rocks daily with Turkey baster and you’ll see a huge improvement within days

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 68 52.3%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 67 51.5%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 33 25.4%
  • None.

Votes: 29 22.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.9%
Back