Help with DIY Bridgelux LED Aquastyle probable short circuit.

jctse

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you have experience with diy LED's can you give me some advice on how to find a probable short?

40 Leds on 2 drivers (LPF-60D-48 one for the blue and the other for the white), each controlling 2 strings of 10. 4 fuses.

When I try it the 20 white work fine but one of the blue strings of 10 does not light.

Before turning it on (and after) I tested from wire to wire each Led-they still appear to be good. The tester is basically 2 AA batteries. I have an older multimeter that can test Amps, Volts, and contunuity but not many other bells and whistles. I switched the fuses around as well thinking it might be a bad fuse.

I have a picture of the led and heatsink, multimeter, and tester.

With what I have can I test for a short or do I need a better multimeter?

Many thanks....

2ic9kc5.jpg

2h56tky.jpg

2lnhm9y.jpg

23uo0ll.jpg

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If each LED is working, then it is likely a fuse, or you soldered the star wrong. You could have too much bare wire, which will ground to the heat sink, or you could have soldered the positive and negative wrong. Look over your soldering carefully.

OP
OP
J

jctse

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got it. The fuse holder they sent me was bad. One end wasn't passing current- but oddly enough they sent me an extra one to begin with (go figure). Threw me for a loop cause I suspected the fuse early on and tested for that. Well atleast I learned that my multimeter has a diode/continuity mode(s) that will light up an led. I was testing from led to led like you wouldn't believe.

Thanks All...

impur

GO DUCKS!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good deal, thats an easy fix too. Its nice all the extra stuff they send with those kits!!

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 21 31.8%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 53 80.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 11 16.7%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 10.6%
  • Other

Votes: 4 6.1%
Back