Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 100 gallon aquarium 48x24x20high
kessil ap700 light
2 ecotech mp40wqd power heads
Eshopps rs-200
Asm-g1x protein skimmer
Aqua medic 3.0 return pump
I have 100lbs of Fiji pink livesand and 120lbs of liverock that was fresh out of the ocean with Coraline algae on it already
Tank was set up November 17th this year

I am thinking of running a gfo and carbon reactor as well as a biopellet reactor
I want to know what’s the best for my tank I am looking for quality and performance

I have heard of people actually taking out there reactors and not using them in there system anymore not sure why

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to posting on R2R
Bio pellets are a form of carbon dosing so it would be on or the other

GFO it great in a reactor that lets the GFO tumble and your phosphates will say under control.

I would suggest running a seeded bio media such as siprox or life bio fil in the sump over the carbon and bio pellets to control the nitrates.

OP
OP
Wolfsreefs

Wolfsreefs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there any media reactor that you recommend? I was thinking of either tlf 150 phosban reactor, I heard it’s not that great so I’m not sure what reactor might work best...
the life bio will go inside the reactor with the carbon? I’m a bit confused.

GFO it great in a reactor that lets the GFO tumble and your phosphates will say under control.

I would suggest running a seeded bio media such as siprox or life bio fil in the sump over the carbon and bio pellets to control the nitrates.[/QUOT

OP
OP
Wolfsreefs

Wolfsreefs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am thinking of running dr. Tim’s aquatics np-active pearls In a reactor

Should I go with a dual reactor or single?

I would suggest running a seeded bio media such as siprox or life bio fil in the sump over the carbon and bio pellets to control the nitrates.
I

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use one of these for my GFO link I got ride of the sponge and us a corse non metal pot scrubbing link on the bottom and top of the reactor chamber. Much better flow over time.

With the life bio fil you will not need to run carbon. I also use a couple chips of the Zeomix too. I runthe medias in my flow tray in my sump.

OP
OP
Wolfsreefs

Wolfsreefs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s the thing my sump doesn’t have a media tray
And use the life bio fil inside the gfo reactor with upgraded sponges preety much right?

I use one of these for my GFO link I got ride of the sponge and us a corse non metal pot scrubbing link on the bottom and top of the reactor chamber. Much better flow over time.

With the life bio fil you will not need to run carbon. I also use a couple chips of the Zeomix too. I runthe medias in my flow tray in my sump.

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am thinking of running dr. Tim’s aquatics np-active pearls In a reactor

Should I go with a dual reactor or single?

I
From my experience, I would recommend not using bio pellets at all. I ran mine to slow for two weeks and hydrogen sulfide production started and crashed my tank, before that I was doing different carbon products with very little results. As your system balances out over time it will pretty much manage itself

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s the thing my sump doesn’t have a media tray
And use the life bio fil inside the gfo reactor with upgraded sponges preety much right?
Get a two chamber one link and get a DC pump to run it, like a Jeboa dc pump that can be adjusted. DC pump a a lot quieter then the cheap power heads the sell with some of these system.

OP
OP
Wolfsreefs

Wolfsreefs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so I decided to go with two reactors instead of the dual, since the dual tends to clog a bit
Do I use life bio fil in one reactor and zeomix in the other?
And I have two pumps at home I will try those out with some valves to help adjust flow

I am waiting for the ecotech m1 pump then I can use my dc runner 3.0 for the reactors

D4B13584-3AB4-4FC3-BDFC-097ABE61D723.png

mcarroll

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 100 gallon aquarium 48x24x20high
kessil ap700 light
2 ecotech mp40wqd power heads
Eshopps rs-200
Asm-g1x protein skimmer
Aqua medic 3.0 return pump
I have 100lbs of Fiji pink livesand and 120lbs of liverock that was fresh out of the ocean with Coraline algae on it already
Tank was set up November 17th this year

I am thinking of running a gfo and carbon reactor as well as a biopellet reactor
I want to know what’s the best for my tank I am looking for quality and performance

I have heard of people actually taking out there reactors and not using them in there system anymore not sure why

I would save it for after your livestock are in. Should be no reason for it at least until then.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 44 35.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 21.6%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.2%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 8.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 24.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back