Help with green algae just start

fhd

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone, I just start my new reef aquarium, so it is 5 days old only I add some 18lbs live rocks and around 160lbs half live rock and dead rock mix from local sea and DIY rock It was cured for 4 month in sprat tank and was all test shown to zero. After that I put them all in my aquarium except 18lbs sure live rocks wich I put them from 5 days only when I start my aquarium. So now after 5 days I am start seeing some of light green algae on my DIY rock. is everything going good or bad? I use purple up and the light turn on for 10 hrs with 13 hrs moon light after normal light gose off. I had 3 or more crabs and one red shrimp and laboster and some snials please help if there is any suggestions for algaes

Tank size 200gal
Skimmer off
Ph8.2
Nitrates 10
Nitrites 0
Calcium 350
Amonia 0.50
jy6u5ujy.jpg
8u3apupa.jpg
ytamataq.jpg

NanaReefer

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Totally normal part of the cycling process. Which your tank IS cycling. You can keep your lights off to hinder any algae growth during this time. What I'm seeing in the pics is nothing to be concerned about. I wouldn't be adding more live stock until your ammonia & nitrates reach .0

Last edited:
OP
OP
F

fhd

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Totally normal part of the cycling process. Which your tank IS cycling. You can keep your lights off to hinder any algae growth during this time. What I'm seeing in the pics is nothing to be concerned about. I wouldn't be adding more live stock until your ammonia & nitrates reach .0

Should I catch them? And take them away. they was came from the live rock

Back