Help with id nudibranch

havtern

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey
I just got some live Rocks and found some kind of nudibranch on them. Hope someone can tell me if they are bad or not and what kind of coral they will if they are bad.
Hope the picture is okay for id.
20210515_132410.jpg

redfishbluefish

Stay Positive, Stay Productive
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It looks like a Berghia nudibranch to me....and the only "good one" that I'm aware of. The deal with them is that they only eat aiptasia anemones....a pest anemone....and if you have few to none, they will eventually starve. Google Berghia and verify that's what you have.

If you have Berghia with limited aiptasia, I'm sure you'd be able to find someone to buy them from you.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
H

havtern

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It looks like a Berghia nudibranch to me....and the only "good one" that I'm aware of. The deal with them is that they only eat aiptasia anemones....a pest anemone....and if you have few to none, they will eventually starve. Google Berghia and verify that's what you have.

If you have Berghia with limited aiptasia, I'm sure you'd be able to find someone to buy them from you.
Thanks you for the answer. I also post it on reedit and got the same answer so i can take it easy now. I dont have any aiptasia so maybe give them to the LFS. :)

Upvote 0
Back