Help with ID

exnisstech

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Found this fellow attached to the outside of my filter sock. It's pretty slimey. Didn't even know it was there till I felt it when I went to squeeze the water out. It's about 3 inches long and slithers around on its bottom. It's pretty flat and move surprisingly fast. And help with identifying it and whether it's good or bad?

20210509_130756.jpg 20210509_130711.jpg

OP
OP
exnisstech

exnisstech

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I read it eats inverts. Hopefully it's the only one. Kinda strange to find it as big as it is.. I haven't introduced anything new but then again I'm finding brittle stars and other critters in the sump. I think I have more interesting stuff going on in the sump than I do the DT lol

NashobaTek

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I read it eats inverts. Hopefully it's the only one. Kinda strange to find it as big as it is.. I haven't introduced anything new but then again I'm finding brittle stars and other critters in the sump. I think I have more interesting stuff going on in the sump than I do the DT lol
Did you use live rock from gulf rock or one of the other ones

OP
OP
exnisstech

exnisstech

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I first started I bought live rock that came from off the coast of Puerto Rico. A guy used to put it out then harvest it after it was nice full of stuff. Heck it had a brittle start that came out and I thought it was a baby octopus. I was total salt water newb But that was maybe 6 oy 7? Years ago

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 47 58.0%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 23 28.4%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 5 6.2%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.7%
Back