Help with ideas for 60g cube macro

forgiven1973

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i added this to a thread not related so wasn’t sure if it would be noticed so starting a new thread:

I got back into the hobby in December and have a mixed reef started that’s doing pretty well but I have thought of switching over to a macro display tank with a few corals and a couple bta. Had a 75g mixed Reef 5yrs ago that was just loaded with life. The new tank is a 60 gallon cube, corner overflow and I currently have two MP10s for flow with return and a360we tuna blue kessil. Would the kessil be good enough light for a macro (any suggestions on kessil settings?) and to cover the 60g cube? Would that be too much flow?

Currently I have a fire shrimp and two nice frostbite clowns and prefer not to part with the clowns. What other recommendations for livestock with the clowns would work for this type of setup? Totally new to macros but have seen some beautiful macro tanks that I’d like to do similar.

Big G

captain dunsel
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Check out Blue Sapphire Damsels. Very peaceful unlike most of the trouble maker damsels. Their blue coloration is stunning. And they stay pretty small 2" ish. A small group is where I'm going. Perhaps 5-6 of them. Right now I have 2 and they are perfect tank mates.

Back