Help with Kessil 360we Tuna Sun on Fuge

SeabassG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Evereyone,

I need a little help with settings for my 360 tuna sun that I have on my refugium. Not my fist choice for refugium light, but I basically got it for peanuts, and since it's a kick butt light, I want to make it work. Here are the facts:

http://www.kessil.com/aquarium/Freshwater_A360.php

I am growing caulerpa prolifera, chaetomorpha, and dragon breathe
I have the light about 12 inches above the fuge
The light is connected to a kessil spectral controller
Light ca be adjusted between 6000-9000K

Right now I have it set to run 13 hrs while my display lighting is off. It ramps up to and down from 50% color and 65% intensity throughout the lighting period.

Can anyone suggest what color/intensity setting would be best for macros on this light?

Thank you!!

Reefer40b

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not to sure where to set it for spec/intensity but I do use a older kessil amazon sun on my fuge with good success, even with corals zoas,montis, setosa

OP
OP
SeabassG

SeabassG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not to sure where to set it for spec/intensity but I do use a older kessil amazon sun on my fuge with good success, even with corals zoas,montis, setosa
Nice! That's good to hear- I know the purple horticulture kessils provide the best results, but I've read people having good success with the amazon in fuges.

I'm just trying to make sure I don't fry the algae. I've read that par around 100 and around 6500K has some of the best results for macros. Given that, I'm assuming my light would need to run on low color and intensity since the range of the light is 6000-9000k, but I'm not sure as Kessil doesn't give much guidance on this.

Reefer40b

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
6400k to 6700k is what I would shoot for and maybe 40 to 50 on intensity and just watch your red dragon to see if it s turning white /bleaching if not maybe bump up the intensity a little if needed.

OP
OP
SeabassG

SeabassG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome- thank you for the input!

The only thing I've noticed is the caulerpa going sexual( some leaves turning translucent), so I've cut out the deal pieces and trimmed it. I wanted to make sure light settings weren't stressing it and potentially causing it to do that.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 21 46.7%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 23 51.1%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 8 17.8%
  • None.

Votes: 10 22.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 6.7%

Back