Help with my clownfish

ReefExplicit

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I just bought these clownfish 4 days ago for my Fluval evo 13.5 gallon and as you can see the bottom one has a ripped up tail. His tail did not look like that at the store. These 2 clownfish are the only fish in the tank right now. The tank is cycled and the water tests say everything is fine, I have 0 ammonia, 0 nitrite, and very low nitrates. Ph is around 8.2. My salinity is 1.023. The first 2 days I got him, he swam around and was eating fine, and now he is sticking to the bottom of the tank and breathing a little heavily, doesn’t seem to want to eat either(he grabbed a few bits that dropped to him) but he clearly isn’t acting right. My other clownfish is doing amazing he is swimming around and so active, and he nearly eats out of my hand already. I’ve watched them so closely and there is no aggression between them (I bought them as a pair) so there’s no way this tail damage could of been due to aggression as they get along great. Earlier today I removed the carbon from my filter and treated the tank with imagitarium bacterial infection remedy.

*Important Note*
When I was acclimating them, I floated them for 15 mins, then I dumped a lil bit of tank water into their bag to try to acclimate to salinity, etc. After a couple of minutes I noticed I accidentally let the bag close too much and they started to sink to the bottom and I pretty much screwed up the whole acclimation like an idiot. This whole thing could very well because of this but I don’t know, please help

418122C2-845E-4B46-9CB6-9FC434A377C7.png

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, welcome to Reef2Reef!

Can you post a short video? (Linking to YouTube works).

You may not see actual aggression between the clowns - they are pretty sly and when you are in the room, they "play nice". Also, fish that are fighting spend very little time doing that, and it is easy to miss that in a 24 hour day. The reason I think this is that the clown's tail is almost assuredly damaged due to physical injury - either from the other clown, or something that happened to it before you got it.

What is the active ingredient in the Imagitarium product?

Jay Hemdal

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 25 39.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 15 23.8%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 21 33.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 3.2%
Back