Help with New Red Sea Reefer 250 - Plants/Coral

Spenceadrian0

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Fellow Reefers,

I recently set up a Red Sea Reefer 250 and as you can see from the picture it’s just needs more life - lots more!

I don’t really have much in terms of plants/coral and I could really use some help in terms of suggestions.

Any ideas in terms of hardy coral and fish that will give a bit more life to my tank?

Thanks!

1DBEE39A-8300-429F-A768-E9D6F5C8DE20.jpeg

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello!

There are plenty of beginner corals. I list a few that don't require any extra testing or dosing. If you are interested in any corals with a stony base let me know as these will all be what people call softies (no calcium carbonate skeleton).
Here are some corals:
Mushrooms (there are a ton of kinds), toadstool, sinularia, colt coral, lobophytum, green star polyp (make sure to keep it on its own rock so it doesn't spread everywhere), zoanthinds/palys (again make sure to isolate them), clove polyps (isolate), pipe organ, Knob leathers, cabbage leathers Xenia/anthelia is easy but can be very difficult to remove once it spreads.

As for plants, the only common one would be mangroves. Other than that, there are macroalgaes but that tang will eat those.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back