Help with OG Bounce

CrayHawk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an OG bounce that has been in my tank for about three years now. It started out the size of my thumbnail and grew to over 4". It hasn't been looking too hot lately and I am hoping I can get some insight how to help it recover. Below are before/after pictures (October 2020 vs March 2021). It is currently in a fishless system. Parameters are as follows:

Alk: 8.8 (Hanna)
Calcium: 451 (Hanna)
Mag: 1400 (Red Sea)
Phosphate: .048 (Hanna)
SG: 1.026
Temp: 78.9

og october.jpg og march.jpg

Saltyreef

I'm not your dad...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
looks like its going to split. do you feed your fishless system?
corals really benefit from fish waste. i noticed my mushrooms like to split when i have them in super high par. on the sand they just get big.

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Frank's not looking to hot either.
Whats actual age of system?
Looks like your dealing with uglies?

OP
OP
CrayHawk

CrayHawk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the replies everyone. I do not have a nitrate test kit. I will get one, test, and report back Everything else seems to be doing fine (SPS, euphillya, zoas, nems), so that's why I didn't check that. The mushroom was moved from my 180 (has fish) to my 40 AIO (no fish). Prior to it taking a turn, I fed Reef Roids. I do not dose and perform 10% water changes every two-three weeks.

The 40 AIO has been established for over three years. We moved from an apartment to a home in summer of 2019. Used same water/rock/sand. The 180 gallon has been up since January of 2020.

Maybe I am better off placing it back into the 180 for better stability?

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the replies everyone. I do not have a nitrate test kit. I will get one, test, and report back Everything else seems to be doing fine (SPS, euphillya, zoas, nems), so that's why I didn't check that. The mushroom was moved from my 180 (has fish) to my 40 AIO (no fish). Prior to it taking a turn, I fed Reef Roids. I do not dose and perform 10% water changes every two-three weeks.

The 40 AIO has been established for over three years. We moved from an apartment to a home in summer of 2019. Used same water/rock/sand. The 180 gallon has been up since January of 2020.

Maybe I am better off placing it back into the 180 for better stability?
If it was happier in other system id put it back. I have 4 frag tables on same system and certain shrooms do better in specific tables. Could be lighting. Could be some of my tables are a little more mature. Could be warfare.
Curious to see what Frank bounce does after you move og

Most definetely pick up a Nitrate test kit. Try to stay away from API test kit.

bacc2bacc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   1
Hey there my friend, looks like your OG bounce may of caught a sort of bacterial infection, I have an OG that went through the same thing. Dipping the coral and treating the tank with chemiclean is your best bet.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 64 36.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.9%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.4%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back