Help with plumbing for saltwater mixing station

yepreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can anyone please help me drawing a plumbing diagram for saltwater mixing station? i have an internal pump and 2 brute containers. The pump have to be inside the saltwater mixing side.
Thanks alot.

mann1139

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Diagrams easy, you can probably find that by googling it.

Are you asking for a parts list, of what to buy?

OP
OP
yepreef

yepreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No, i just need the diagrams for internal pump. I saw alot of people using external pump but i only have internal pump to work with.

JumboShrimp

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
213ED9A4-61FA-4087-B4BA-658BE662CA9D.jpeg

If you can be convinced to get an external pump, this is a still-frame from Mr. Saltwater Fish’s video. You can at least study it (as I had to do for about 2 hours... lol!), and see which valves have to be open/closed, and in which order. Then if you “must” use an internal pump, figure out how to get the water to do what you need it to do. Hope this helps a little. Best wishes.

mann1139

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you have an external pump with that has to 'suck' locally, you are going to need to move the pump from the FW tank to the SW tank.

The idea of the setup like Jumbo posted above is that the inlet and outlet for the pump can be 'selected'.

RobB'z Reef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think the most effective way to make a mixing station you're after if you don't want to invest in any different equipment other than some plumbing parts is you'll have to mount or locate your fresh water tank above that of your salt water tank and use gravity to transfer between tanks. Then you can just use your submersible pump for mixing. How you plan on getting salt water out is another matter. If you're just going to rely on gravity your salt water tank will need to be elevated above the level of whatever bucket etc you want to fill. Or you'll need a couple bulkheads for a pipe to come out then T off with a valve and either barb for a hose etc to draw water and then the pipe goes back in towards the top with another valve in between to form your closed loop for mixing salt. Just my thoughts

RobB'z Reef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think the most effective way to make a mixing station you're after if you don't want to invest in any different equipment other than some plumbing parts is you'll have to mount or locate your fresh water tank above that of your salt water tank and use gravity to transfer between tanks. Then you can just use your submersible pump for mixing. How you plan on getting salt water out is another matter. If you're just going to rely on gravity your salt water tank will need to be elevated above the level of whatever bucket etc you want to fill. Or you'll need a couple bulkheads for a pipe to come out then T off with a valve and either barb for a hose etc to draw water and then the pipe goes back in towards the top with another valve in between to form your closed loop for mixing salt. Just my thoughts
Actually now that I think about it you can locate them side by side. It'll take two more bulkheads another valve to connect the two brutes.

Roytrolls247

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can anyone please help me drawing a plumbing diagram for saltwater mixing station? i have an internal pump and 2 brute containers. The pump have to be inside the saltwater mixing side.
Thanks alot.

No diagram but here is my mixing station I have the fresh water gravity feeding the salt bin below. Then I have a sumbmersable pump attached to a hose with a barb fitting to stir or send saltwater out.

mixing station .jpg

FLSharkvictim

Shark Advocate
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When you get the money ditch your brute cans! Well, here is my set up which is a 50 gallon mixing station that automatics feed water with my DOS to my 10 gallon ATO Container thats under my tank with my APEX DOS. My ATO system is above my mixing station.
Mixing station.jpg

Taki

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When you get the money ditch your brute cans! Well, here is my set up which is a 50 gallon mixing station that automatics feed water with my DOS to my 10 gallon ATO Container thats under my tank with my APEX DOS. My ATO system is above my mixing station.
Mixing station.jpg
That blue sticker above RODI has to go!

RobB'z Reef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mixing station.jpg
Now I know what to do with all the free stickers I've been holding on to...

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 72 51.8%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 70 50.4%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 35 25.2%
  • None.

Votes: 31 22.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.5%
Back