Help with Red Sea Reef Mature program

dphess

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am on day 12 of the Red Sea Reef Mature program and I have followed every step to the letter. The instructions state that my levels should have read the following on day 10: Ammonia 0, Nitrite 0, Nitrate 10. I was also scheduled to add my cleanup crew on day 10. Per my Red Sea Marine Care test kit, my readings on day 10 were Ammonia 0.1, Nitrite 0.5, Nitrate 30. Nitrite today (day 12) is still 0.5, Ammonia is slightly lower (0.05) and Nitrate higher (~50). I have not added cleanup crew (worried they would die off and create an ammonia spike). The plan calls for fish on day 14.

Have others seen a delay in the forced cycle prescribed by the Red Sea Reef Mature program? Any advice here is appreciated (I'm a noob). I'm assuming my cycle is simply delayed a few days for reasons that I don't understand...I'll continue to add nopox + corallline gro and check levels daily. Anything else I should consider?

System is ~75gal water and was started with dry rock. Salinity and temp are spot-on. Protein skimmer is running.

BAMatter

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know it’s an old post in terms of cycling timeframe, but how did this pan out? On Day 3, I accidentally double up my Nitro-Bac and have had wonky numbers and elevated NO3 since Day 4…

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 66 37.5%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.5%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.2%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back