Help with Stocking First Tank

Hawk23

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Friends!

I am getting my first tank delivered next week and i figured i'd start thinking about what I want to stock it with so I'm not just sitting with an empty tank after the cycle is finished lol. I figured I'd ask for some suggestions. The only thing I am certain that I want is a clown pair (one Black Ocellaris and one Orange Ocellaris) and a Flame Angel. I would like to keep it relatively reef safe since I eventually plan on keeping corals down the line.

The tank is a 75 Gallon SCA tank with a Sump (30 gal I think).

Any ideas on what I could keep?

Thank you!

PatW

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You could keep a Ctenochaetus tang like a Kole Tang or maybe a yellow tang. You could keep blennies and any number of gobies. Small cardinal fish or dart fish would be good. And some of the small reef safe wrasses would also work.

OP
OP
Hawk23

Hawk23

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You could keep a Ctenochaetus tang like a Kole Tang or maybe a yellow tang. You could keep blennies and any number of gobies. Small cardinal fish or dart fish would be good. And some of the small reef safe wrasses would also work.
Thanks for replying :) i looked at the yellow tang but I've heard they are hard to find right now? I tried looking at purples and they are beautiful but I am not sure if they would work. Let me know what you think on that end. I love the fairy wrasses. Also would a goby/shrimp pair work? I think that would be a cool relationship to watch. I will look at some of the blennies and dartfish too.

Awesome suggestions!

Back