Help with support

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

AKReef

View Badges
Reaction score
I have trouble logging into support. I think i filed a ticket, but I didn’t get any confirmation and I can’t log back into the support site. My issue is I was able to connect to my WiFi, LED is on steady blue, but it doesn’t seem to be connected to my internet. I’m kind of stuck at the moment. I’m guessing it has to do with router settings. Do I need to open up a port or something?

drernesto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I have trouble logging into support. I think i filed a ticket, but I didn’t get any confirmation and I can’t log back into the support site. My issue is I was able to connect to my WiFi, LED is on steady blue, but it doesn’t seem to be connected to my internet. I’m kind of stuck at the moment. I’m guessing it has to do with router settings. Do I need to open up a port or something?
Please include your serial number or send me your email address

OP
OP
AKReef

AKReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Just wanted to follow up for everyone’s benefit. Support got back to me with instructions on how to flash the SD card. It wasn’t a lot of trouble to remove the back panel and access the card. Thankfully my wife knew exactly where the micro SD card adaptor was lol

Once I flashed the card, I went through the setup like normal and everything ran very smoothly. Running tests now and everything seems to work great.

It’s great that you have the freedom the use various test kits, but it would be nice to develop some tests that use a little less reagent to make it more economical. Otherwise this is going to be a game changer for me. I’ll admit I already struggle keeping up with basic cleaning, much less testing the water.

OP
OP
AKReef

AKReef

View Badges
Reaction score
So after a weekend of use, I'm going to say the reefbot is pretty awesome. I'm already gaining more insight into my tank and can easily see how things I do effect the water chemistry (water changes, dosing, swapping media, etc). One thing I will say, is that I believe that there's still a place for something like an Alktronic or KH Director to work in conjunction with the reefbot. I think those solutions offer up a more cost effective alk testing solution. This would also free up another slot for another test in the reefbot. I love having the extra vials available to I can quickly swap out reagents for any test I feel like running. So far I am very happy with my purchase. We will see how the product holds up long term in terms of replacing vials, syringes, pumps, etc. It would be nice to get replacement kits available for purchase, for when the time inevitably comes.

drernesto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
So after a weekend of use, I'm going to say the reefbot is pretty awesome. I'm already gaining more insight into my tank and can easily see how things I do effect the water chemistry (water changes, dosing, swapping media, etc). One thing I will say, is that I believe that there's still a place for something like an Alktronic or KH Director to work in conjunction with the reefbot. I think those solutions offer up a more cost effective alk testing solution. This would also free up another slot for another test in the reefbot. I love having the extra vials available to I can quickly swap out reagents for any test I feel like running. So far I am very happy with my purchase. We will see how the product holds up long term in terms of replacing vials, syringes, pumps, etc. It would be nice to get replacement kits available for purchase, for when the time inevitably comes.
Thanks for this amazing review.

All accessories and consumables are available now through our website
https://www.reefkinetics.com/shop/

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 13 33.3%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 8 20.5%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 3 7.7%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 9 23.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.6%
Back