Help with test results

Charlie_w12

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi im new to reefing and im currently cycling tank. Im using the red sea test kit and was wondering if anyone could help with the results as cant decide what it could be?
C5E890A6-CECE-4D00-A1FE-C11FA9FDA934.png
A03D5CD2-2049-4C93-9E39-CE46E10B68E1.jpeg

Justice4u2

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello and welcome to reefing!
This is tough, between your camera and my monitor, I am sure that i am not seeing the "true" color of your test kits. But I will tell you what I see, but don't take it to heart. Ammonia looks like .2 and nitrate looks 5.
But because you are seeing nitrates, i would suggest that you are close to having the tank cycled =)

OP
OP
C

Charlie_w12

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello and welcome to reefing!
This is tough, between your camera and my monitor, I am sure that i am not seeing the "true" color of your test kits. But I will tell you what I see, but don't take it to heart. Ammonia looks like .2 and nitrate looks 5.
But because you are seeing nitrates, i would suggest that you are close to having the tank cycled =)

Thanks for replying! Yeah thats exactly what i thought! My nitrites im reading are 0.05, am i looking for the ammonia and nitrites to come back to 0?

Justice4u2

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As excited as I am sure you are,, take your time and enjoy each step towards your goal of a thriving reef aquarium!!!

Justice4u2

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay also when should i stop ghost feeding?
Personally, I would not stop ghost feeding. This helps keep the beneficial bacteria thriving while you are waiting on bringing in your new guests (fish). It is my belief; that by continuing to ghost feed, you are simulating having fish in the aquarium from a beneficial bacteria point of view. If you cut back on ghost feeding, some of the bacteria can/will die off.
I have heard other say to stop ghost feeding when the ammonia is at zero, but I do not subscribe to this idea.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 46 35.4%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 28 21.5%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.7%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.7%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 32 24.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back