Help with Vibrant

Dennis2213

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am about to use the product Vibrant in my 65g reef tank. I do have a bad case of turf algae, light bubble algae, and bryopsis growing back after 20 days of treatment w/ Reef Flux HD. I am aware that the bryopsis I have is the 60 day treatment kind(the worst kind). There is a mild case of cyanobacteria from the bryopsis die off.
My nitrates are at 5ppm.
I have the understanding the dosage of the product is once every week 6.5ml for now. I have also been told for bad cases. Do it 2x a week.
My questions are as followed.
Should I just only dose once or twice a week?
Which algaes will be affected by the product out the 3 that I currently have?
Do I need to lift my protein skimmer cup? (all chemical media's are already out)
Is it better to put 6.5ml of vibrant in a cup of tank water, shut off the pumps for 10 minutes, and "target feed" the algae with the product?
Am I allowed to do water changes while using the product or am I to wait till the algaes that I am trying to kill off are completely eradicated?

My tank is really being over run by this turf algae. I am looking for experiences or remedies for it incase the Vibrant has no affect on it.
I have used it and swear by it.. for all the people that say it's snake oil check out the BRS investigate on it. I had a bad outbreak of turf in my tank. I used it 2 times a week, the recommend dose. After 7 days I saw some discoloration and my protein skimmer picking up a lot of free floating debris. After 3 weeks it was 80 percent gone. I have seen amazing results if you dose vibrant with bacter7. You will be impressed.

Back