Help with Vibrant

stacksoner

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Remember that even if you are lucky enough to successfully kill all of the algae/bacterial growth, you'll have to manage the efficient export of this matter to prevent an entirely different types of systemic failure risk that you'll be exposed to.

hyprc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Took me 6 months dosing 2x a week to get rid of heavy bubble algae and light caulerpa serrulata. End results were very much worth it as you would never know I had either now... note that I didn't start out at 2x a week, I started at 1x a week and slowly decreased the days between dosing.

To better answer your questions, this stuff seems to affect most types of algae (except coralline). I'd keep pumps and skimmer running. I would dose it in a high flow area.

Last edited:

NemHost

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’d also suggest starting with .5 ml per 10 gallon and see how your system tolerates it. You can always add another half strength dose a few days later.
In my experience, it definitely affected some corals so do it slowly.

OP
OP
40B Knasty

40B Knasty

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did the 6.5ml about the time of my last message. Corals and fish look fine. Going to continue to dose once every Monday. If you want to follow along or see my tank as of now. Go on YouTube 40B Knasty.

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a few hard corals that died at the same time as I was treating, so I stopped. I had no issues with soft coral, and I did knock back the turf. I finished it with manual treatments and rock removals, an addition of tangs and a foxface. I have a refugium attached to the tank that still has a little turf and bubble reinvaded before the foxface was added. It is under control but growing on the margins.

OP
OP
40B Knasty

40B Knasty

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a few hard corals that died at the same time as I was treating, so I stopped. I had no issues with soft coral, and I did knock back the turf. I finished it with manual treatments and rock removals, an addition of tangs and a foxface. I have a refugium attached to the tank that still has a little turf and bubble reinvaded before the foxface was added. It is under control but growing on the margins.
I don't have a tank big enough for a tang or fox face. Pincushion urchin is about all I can use for combating the turf, but I also have bryopsis. That can be toxic I believe to some CUC.

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used elevated mag to attack Bryopsis. Others use fluconazole. (mag did nothing for my wiry red turf. I have never tried the other method.

OP
OP
40B Knasty

40B Knasty

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any progress yet @40B Knasty?
Yes. Most of the turf algae peeled off after 4 days. There is no lush green turf in the tank currently. The rock that I scrubbed the first day has shown no sign of growing back. In fact the turf that still remains on it has turned a dark greenish grey w/ some whiting to it. All the turf left has been tipping white and looking malnourished. Bryopsis and bubble still seem the same. Check out my YouTube videos. 40B Knasty Vibrant Liquid Aquarium Cleaner day 1, day 4, and day 8.

turbo2oh

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used Vibrant in my 60cube (about 8ml every 3/4 days). I started seeing significant die off in 4 weeks, almost all gone by 6 weeks. It was some tough type of turf algae I believe. Flucanazole did nothing for me.

Reefahholic

Acropora Farmer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes. Most of the turf algae peeled off after 4 days. There is no lush green turf in the tank currently. The rock that I scrubbed the first day has shown no sign of growing back. In fact the turf that still remains on it has turned a dark greenish grey w/ some whiting to it. All the turf left has been tipping white and looking malnourished. Bryopsis and bubble still seem the same. Check out my YouTube videos. 40B Knasty Vibrant Liquid Aquarium Cleaner day 1, day 4, and day 8.

Where's that next update? Been a while bro.

Hermie

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is from his videos, you can see after 3 months he still has "turf" algae which is what I have right now pretty bad. So I am going to try fluconazole,

1579489432232.png

hyprc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Took almost 8 months to get rid of my bubble dosing 2x/week. Some algae will take longer and/or more aggressive dosing to succumb (should be done very slowly). Just sayin...

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
OP
OP
40B Knasty

40B Knasty

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry guys. I am kind of lost on how to use Reef2Reef anymore. I like the old style. I have an issue with an internal scratch about 4 inches long and I can feel it with my finger nail. It is not deep. I barely even noticed it. It is at the bottom of the tank about 6 inches up. A little off center from the middle. I am going to say it is probably from sand getting under the mag float. I just noticed it today and only, because I was doing a video for someone else to see my tank.
As far as the GHA goes and bryopsis. It is still there. I beefed up my clean up crew and gradually it is working and keeping the top rocks cleaned after 3 weeks.

Attachments

• VID_20200202_084659.mp4
    44.5 MB

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been dealing with an increasing amt of gha as well as the brown powdery algae on my glass that I could clean and literally 1 hour later would start to see accumulating again. Well, I finally tried Vibrant last night. I just got home from work and the glass is still crystal clear. I am stunned. I expected to see results after a week or 2, not 20 hrs. Even if it doesnt put a dent in my gha, it's worth it for the clean glass imo.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 95 88.0%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.8%
Back