HELP. WOKE UP TO ALL OF MY FISH DEAD

justingraham

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Absolutely. I spoke at MACNA this year regarding proper sourcing, QT, conditioning, and social acclimation of fishes.

Science ≠ Gibberish.

I cannot control people's comprehension of what I write, but what it wrote certainly does not say UV can be used to "cure fish".

I apologise if my post comes off as combative, it is not my intent, my sole intent was to stop the misinformation surrounding U/V from being spread.

U/V is a phenomenal tool if implemented properly, not only for fishes, but corals alike. I do not, and would never, advocate skipping quarantine.

Ok first gibberish to me

Second long day sorry if I came off combative as well

Third I fully agree with ur last statement.

I just was trying to say that uv will not cure that's it. I know it's a great tool but to someone who is a new reefer like I was at one point not so long ago the original post that started this topic said that a uv will cure parisites and I just was letting the op know that no it wouldn't how we got here I am not sure and I appoligize if I came off combative it's hard to understand someone's words written instead of spoken. So I'm sorry. My bad as the kids say.

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My take is a UV can be effective at combating parasite free swimmers, harmful bacterium in the water and algae spores. However, I doubt 100% eradication is possible with a UV and thus it is more an "ich management tool" than anything else.

I used to think it was useful in a commercial setting, when plumbed into a common return line to prevent disease transmission from tank to tank. However, aerosol transmission probably cancels that out.

Live Water

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not arguing with u at all just making it clear to anyone that a uv will not cure ich I know what u wrote I can read.

Do u qt ur fish? If u don't with ur beleif in the ten years of running a properly implimented uv at ur best result of (gibberish u cm2) would u feel confident in throwing a known fish with ich or velvet into ur system? Cause the original post said to use a uv light to cure the diseases in the tank and I told the op that it doesn't work like that. Which it doesn't. So did u read? Would u do that with ur ten years of great results?

With someone not knowing anything and reading ur post it sure would seem that a uv could be used to cure fish. When it's not the case at all. This isn't a thread about uv it's a thread about his fish dieing. Could a uv light give more time yes it can but will it cure the fish from dieing nope.
I watched you at macna, it was interesting how you kept the fish separate and they still changed sex, your seminar was on sunday right?

justingraham

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I watched you at macna, it was interesting how you kept the fish separate and they still changed sex, your seminar was on sunday right?
I think u have the wrong guy I'm not that important

manisse

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I woke up and all my fish are dead to. I checked all water parameters yesterday and they were fine. I tested again this morning and all are fine. I did add something new to my tank and it was dr. Tim’s eco balance. Very upset and confused

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I woke up and all my fish are dead to. I checked all water parameters yesterday and they were fine. I tested again this morning and all are fine. I did add something new to my tank and it was dr. Tim’s eco balance. Very upset and confused
Does your water look cloudy by chance?

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you are looking for help/answers, start a new thread and I'm sure we can help.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 148 88.6%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.8%
Back